You never forget your 1st Derby

robinhood CITY said:
77 at Maine rd 3-1 to City

Me too!<br /><br />-- Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:23 pm --<br /><br />
happychappy said:
1982 at the swamp, Gary Jackson played up front for city and Gary birtles got absolutely abused by the city fans, think he went back into defence to get away from it in the end

I was at this game but I dont remember Gary Jackson. Probably me, Im forgetting a lot lately!

bluetonium said:
Caveman said:
1989, seven years old, City 5 Rags 1.

Same here, first one I attended. So, kinda used to beating the scummy gits really. Actually, wonder if we have won more than we've lost since that 5-1? Will have to check it out, genuinely could be that I'm a glory hunter, born into success. Fancy that.

*edit*

Nope, turns out I'm not.

In league and cup since the 5-1

Us - 10
Them - 24
Draw - 10

Ill put the prawn sandwiches and champers back in the fridge then.
My first Derby too. Had to wait 13 years to see us beat the bastards again, last Derby at Maine Road, which is why they've got more wins than us in your stats. But I think we've won more than they have recently.

Mike N said:
robinhood CITY said:
77 at Maine rd 3-1 to City

Me too!

-- Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:23 pm --

happychappy said:
1982 at the swamp, Gary Jackson played up front for city and Gary birtles got absolutely abused by the city fans, think he went back into defence to get away from it in the end

I was at this game but I dont remember Gary Jackson. Probably me, Im forgetting a lot lately!
Gary jackson was a late replacement from the youth team on the Friday, only played about 8 times for city before disappearing into obscurity, not a bad game to have on your cv though

i can remember when the first time was going to be, 74-75 when i got train from donny to machester train full of them on it, got to manchester and it was called off,thank fuck i got stright back on train back to donny b4 them came back on

My first Derby was 15 September 1962 at the Swamp, we won 3-2 and Alex Harley scored a cracker at the Stretford End

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.