Young and new blues: How did you come to support City?

the--dud

At 27 I wont class myself as young and I've pretty much supported this wonderful club from birth.
I remember a while back we had a terrific thread were people shared stories about how they came to support Manchester City and I just loved that thread.

As we're entering a new era of success and rapid expansion I thought it'd be interesting to hear some stories from young and otherwise new supporters.

How did City come to your attention? Was it all our media coverage, or the players we've signed, or did your family/friends introduce you?

Surely there must be some interesting or just worthwhile stories to be shared! :)

I'm 14 and I was just introduced to city by my dad. Been watching city for however long and had a season ticket since the first season at Eastlands (This is my 7th season I think?). Even though i've seen all the crap we've been through, I still wouldn't of had it any other way :)

dref619 said:
what are we calling young ?

I haven't gotten around to drafting a rulebook for the thread yet. Why don't you just try it and see if you get shouted at for being TOO OLD? I'm sure you'll be fine bud...

I'm 26 so not really young either but started supporting City as my Dad is a big blue, he grew up in Irlam , moved to Warrington when got married and that's where I was born. My earliest memory of going to a game is being amazed at the size of maine road, the excitement of going up the steps, seeing the giant floodlights and hearing the roar of the Kippax.

The first game I can remember was in 1991 against Derby when Nial Quinn went in net and saved a pen from Dean Saunders. He was my hero from that moment on!

Dad took me at the age of 7, 24th Nov 1999. City v Barnsley. 3-1 win, and was hooked immediately.

Im 12 and im a city fan because my dad dint give me a choice and plus i am from Manchester. Been going city since i was about 4 and i have had a season ticket for about 4 seasons.

the--dud said:
dref619 said:
what are we calling young ?

I haven't gotten around to drafting a rulebook for the thread yet. Why don't you just try it and see if you get shouted at for being TOO OLD? I'm sure you'll be fine bud...

haha sorry

well im 19, and my old man took me to a couple of game when i was 5 and by 6 decided i needed a season ticket and i didnt even want one really. don't really remember much from that time but I know i was hooked after the 99 final, i went from crying my eyes out to screaming up and down going crazy within 5 miutes, was amazing, never in my wildest dreams did i ever think id see us on the brink of inevitable success like we are now

local team... but I'm not really young, and as my first game was 77 I shouldn't really have posted I suppose..my excuse is I didn't read it properly.!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.