Young and new blues: How did you come to support City?

Got bullied as a kid by a die-hard Manchester United fan. He wore this stupid Rooney jersey everyday day to school, and made fun of me relentlessly. I knew nothing about soccer, but they play one game a week every Saturday morning here in Ottawa, and they we're showing what was the first derby at CoMS. It was the first soccer game I ever watched, and I was so ecstatic when they won, that thy beat this little fucking wanker's team, I saw it as a personal victory, and I went straight out and got my mom to order me a City jersey.I've been a nutty fan ever since.

I started following the premier league and football in general in 2007 , then came the shinawatra takeover on the news , which got me interested in Manchester City, i watched a few city games and i got hooked :)

Started following the Premier League a few years back, I grew interest in City during the Thaksin-era. Initially liking the players in the current team (Tevez, Barry, Given etc.), been following them since.

Plus, I hate the Rags (Cuz of the weasel, rooney and the glory hunters out there etc) and preferred their rival team but I don't like Liverpool, so City for me. :)

Born Jan 77, to a family of blues. before I knew it my dad had me sat in the league cup having our picture taken with my dennis tueart badge on. The first game I remember was against wimbledon and it was 1-1, it was a truely awful game, but once you get that city bug youre not going to support any other team are you.

being from widnes which is rugby mad didnt really follow football until my friend asked me to go a city game with his uncle at maine rd & we stood on the kippax (i was 12. 32 now) & it was amazing. ended up goin nearly every home game that year. been a city fan ever since. where i live is a mixture of rags everton & scousers,there is a good few city fans aswell (although the minority) & should be intresting on monday when hopefully we stuff the scousers.whats funny is when i go the games i get called a scouser which probably could'nt be a worse insult to a widnesian!. & if i go liverpool for a night out i get called a woollyback (out of towner). ah well! fuck em im a city fan & that does me fine. come on city.

my dad and older brother are rags and took me to the swamp for about a season and a bit when i was about 8/9. enjoyed going to the match but never really 'got it'.
then my mam and dad split up and when my mam moved in with my stepdad (who i now class as my dad), he told me he would only take me to city. for a couple of months i used to get taken to o.t. one week and maine road the next. my first city game was at maine road against shrewsbury town. we were 1-0 up at half time but collapsed and lost 3-1. i've no idea why but from that first game, i knew i was blue.
my dad got me a sew on city badge and my mam stitched it onto my school coat. every time i went, i got another until my coat was covered.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.