Young Boys (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

Bit unfair to nunes for getting all the sticks or even to judge the overall team performance on a shitty wet pitch . He gave away ball few times but he made some really good runs .Unfortunately he didn’t get the ball in time .
He deserves chance just like anyone but I feel like he’s going to be a fantastic player.

Bit unfair to nunes for getting all the sticks or even to judge the overall team performance on a shitty wet pitch . He gave away ball few times but he made some really good runs .Unfortunately he didn’t get the ball in time .
He deserves chance just like anyone but I feel like he’s going to be a fantastic player.
I agree that he needs more time under Pep. There is a raw skill set there that can be valuable if Pep can refine it.

Feel sorry for the mascots at Euro games. Why don't the miserable sods at UEFA let the kids wear their clubs strip instead of that awful UEFA tat in what must be a big night in their young lives.
I am glad you posted that as I thought about it at earlier games. They act like bullies forcing kids to wear their kit. Put 100 kids of any club as a mascot and offer them a choice between their favourite players replica shirt or UEFAs and I would guess 100 kids would pick their favourite players shirt. But insecure UEFA want their tune, their branding, their pick of hospitality sections, their 5 star hotels, their limousines to the ground on closed off roads, Istanbul anyone, never mingle with the riff raff supporters and now bully kids to wear their awful branded shirts. Shame on you UEFA that special night for the kids is spoilt by your petty policies.
I dont usually put swear words in print but for UEFA i will relent,
SO FUCK YOU UEFA and get back to giving kids their special night back in full.
Thanks for posting RB.

It was a plastic pitch so I'm sure they were told to be careful. We were able to rest some of our A team, we created a lot of chances, Jack was back to his best and Haaland scored twice! What's not to like ? I really wonder what the team needs to do to make fans happy these days after all we can't play champagne football every game. I know you weren't impressed but I thought it was a brilliant nights work from the team.
It was brilliant totally agree. I love this team and Peps years these are the best ever and I’m happy all the time these days. I remember Peps first season in charge and the derby especially with Bravo. Everyone could see Pep wanted us to play it was amazing to see a City team trying to learn off our Legendary manager back then. No arguments from me whatsoever. I’m thoroughly enjoying this time.the nurturing from Foden to Lewis . We are on another level. Enjoy it while you can blues. Meanwhile at the theatre of nightmares lol…

Far too much made of the pitch for me, I didn't see much that made it more difficult.

That said I'm not a fan, and it shouldn't be allowed in this competition, though most pitches these days contain quite a lot of plastic alongside the grass for wear purposes.
Dead easy game to play when sat in front of a tv screen

He's definitely not. Edgehill had to take shit every game at one stage from fans in the ground. Big difference from some slating Nunes on a football forum.
The lowlight was a photo of some random fan with a clenched fist obviously shouting "come on" at Edghill (in an encouraging way) being printed as if it was a threat.

It had crossed my mind too.

On the plus side, Alvarez just has to (and I’m sure will) start on Sunday; he’s on fire.
Rico, their goal aside, was brilliant. As others have said, maybe it’s a safer bet playing him in midfield, but overall it worked out tonight in terms of resting Kyle.
Jack looked much better too.
Thought Rico had a stormer, he looked so composed at 18yr don't know why he's not in the England squad ;-)

Watch Doku's effort first half and then tell me the watered pitch had no affect. You really need to try it yourself. You'll realize how different it is. I thought the players handled the pitch brilliantly.
When the stadium was used for the Euro’s, they had to replace the artificial surface for grass, then after the tournament, they re laid the Astro turf. why UEFA prohibited an artificial surface for an International tournament, but permits it for the CL beggars belief.

He shows some quality and I think he'll be fine when he settles. More worried about how Kovacic's form seems to have dropped off a cliff since he was out. Started the season well but seems to have regressed somewhat.
Just keep him away from their penalty area and he should be fine :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.