Young Boys (A) - Wed 25th Oct, 20:00 | CL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Play Akanji, Ake, Nunes, Kovacic, and maybe even the likes of Gomez/Bobb. We have already won 2 games, including our toughest game against Leipzig away, and Young Boys are average.

I would be tempted to rest Rodri and a couple of other big players. The pitch is terrible and we should have enough to win with a rotated line-up. Even if we were to lose or draw I'm sure we wouldn't have problems winning the group anyway...
Not sure we will rest Rodri much having lost 3 games without him.

Maybe take him off early doors if we’ve already won.

I’d consider resting Haaland, but he’ll want to score as many as he can!

Ederson
Akanji
Dias
Ake
Gomez
Rodri
Nunes
Kovacic
Grealish
Doku
Alvarez

As strong ‘as we can’
After the Brighton result we need to keep winning.
Winning breeds Winning
The team is struggling to find itself yet and this is an opportunity to try and improve the understanding of what we are trying to do this season

IMO this is one of those very few CL games that you rest Haaland in.

With that being said, I was far more impressed than I expected to be by Young Boys when they played Leipzig. They scored an absolute beauty of a goal IIRC. Tough lineup to call with United following.

I'm sure this will get some laughs but If I had to guess...

Oretga
Lewis Dias Ake Gomez
Phillips
Kovacic Nunes
Bobb Alvarez Grealish

-------------------Eddie--------------
-Lewis---Dias--Akanji--Ake-
------------------Rodri---------------
-------Kovacic-----Grealish---
-Foden--Haaland--Gomez-

try Grealish as a 10 but still gomez can drop back at times and grelish move wide when lewis pushes up

Ortega

Lewis Akanji Ederson

Nunes Phillips Gomez

Grealish Bobb Sumerbee

Not quite 11 but everyone rested for the Rags!

As strong ‘as we can’
After the Brighton result we need to keep winning.
Winning breeds Winning
The team is struggling to find itself yet and this is an opportunity to try and improve the understanding of what we are trying to do this season

Absolutely, need to get another 3 points in the bag to take control of this group. Momentum going into the weekend needs to continue as well.

I always hoped we would play some youngsters in games like this but pep pretty much never did that until we were through to the next round in the cl. as I am in the stadium I hope he sticks to it. let me see haaland in the flesh.

after the int break it would also help to get some rhythm back. we are still miles away from the level we are able to perform on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.