Young Boys (H) - Tue 7th Nov, 20:00 | CL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Strong team get qualification sorted then we can concentrate on the league until January , retaining the Champs league at Wembley in June has its attractions , but we have a couple of months of our bread butter games to take care of.

Ortega
Lewis Dias Akanji Gvardiol
Rodrigo Stones
Foden Nunes Grealish
Alvarez

Historically, has Pep tended to give regular starters two weeks off early/mid season? For example, I would have thought he wanted Dias for Chelsea. We probably don’t need him for YB, but if he doesn’t start that is two weeks without a game. Is this something Pep normally does? For players that tend to rotate (eg Doku/Grealish, Ake/Gvardiol), does starting mid week mean they’re less likely to start on the weekend (with a Tuesday/Sunday schedule this is less of concern I assume, but I’m curious looking forward)? Or do you find it’s game by game and if that could mean a player plays four games in 10 days and then has a longer break?

..........Ortega
Lewis Akanji Gvardiol Ake
..........Phillips
....Nunes .......Foden
Doku..................Grealish
.......Alvarez

Minutes for Gvardiol at CB, Foden in mf, Doku and Grealish starting together, and a decent rest for a few

Strong team get qualification sorted then we can concentrate on the league until January , retaining the Champs league at Wembley in June has its attractions , but we have a couple of months of our bread butter games to take care of.
Pep will want to win the group.
That could happen this week but could be delayed until 28 Nov or even 13th December depending on results.

..........Ortega
Lewis Dias Akanji Gvaridol
..........Phillips
....Foden .......Nunes
Doku..................Grealish
...........Alvarez

Maybe even Bobb for Doku but that's just the pessimist in me speaking that's worried about him picking up a knock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.