Younger posters, sent to bed?!

No, I wasn't sent to bed, I remember that match so well! My mate (a rag) was round and we were watching the first half. At half time my Dad said right 'you're going home you're a jinx' to him. I also remember odds of the match were up on the computer screen, so at half time I refreshed the page and said to my dad that he should put a few quid on city to win because we were something like 200-1 to win. Ha ha.

By the way I don't think I've ever seen City win while I was with my mate, the only success for me when we've been watching a match together was last year's Chumps league final.

I remember that night like it was yesterday. When we were 3-0 down at half-time I rang my Nanna up and was like 'What the hell is going on?!?!' I was also nine at the time and my rag-supporting dad must have wanted me to suffer because he let me stay up. I was amazed when we got back to 3-3 but the excitement got the better of me. I really needed a piss and thought 'nah we won't score again.' So...half way through my slash... I hear somebody shouting up the stairs. 'JON MACKENS JUST SCORED!' It was my dad and I seriously thought he was pulling my leg and when I got downstairs I was literally lost for words. City scored the goal to complete one of the greatest games in our history and I was having a fuckin piss!! Typical!

blu4life said:
I remember that night like it was yesterday. When we were 3-0 down at half-time I rang my Nanna up and was like 'What the hell is going on?!?!' I was also nine at the time and my rag-supporting dad must have wanted me to suffer because he let me stay up. I was amazed when we got back to 3-3 but the excitement got the better of me. I really needed a piss and thought 'nah we won't score again.' So...half way through my slash... I hear somebody shouting up the stairs. 'JON MACKENS JUST SCORED!' It was my dad and I seriously thought he was pulling my leg and when I got downstairs I was literally lost for words. City scored the goal to complete one of the greatest games in our history and I was having a fuckin piss!! Typical!

That really does take the erm.....piss.

;o)

Never been sent to bed during a game, my Dad knew how excited I used to get when City played and he wouldn't have taken it away by choice.
However, during the famous Spurs win, I went upstairs at 3-0 and hit a few things (I was only like 10/11) and then I heard a slight cheer, went downstairs, and Distin's goal was being replayed.

I was one of the few blues there that evening at white hart lane and at half time I wanted to go to sleep on the coach.
Glad I stayed though :)
There's been some memorable celebrations after a goal supporting city, that John Macken one is definatley up there.

Watching City v Barce game... was a late game and I shouted "F*CK OFF" at the TV in front of the kids... the missus switched off the remote and lights were out:(

josh06 said:
"Unbelievable!! Fucking hell!!"

You have to love Sun Jihai

Hilarious.

Thanks again for posting that. A gentle reminder of a number of shite players (Tarnat, Sun Jihai, Macken, Sibierski) has given me a good sense of perspective on all the moaning on here of late.

No but i do remember at 14, city being 2-0 down at wembley crying asking my dad if we could leave, and he said no we gotta stay till the end

Thank you so very very much Dad!!!

So it's the gillingham cup final , Its me first city game and I'm sitting with an adult siZe ornate goalkeeper top, my dads. I'm only 4. My mum had told me daddy was going to be at the game. I watched silently for the whole game, my mummis crying when we get the rqualiser and so is my older sister. when my mum finnaly decides to teach me the players ( having finnaly fully inherited the citeh genes) when she finishes I immediately burst into tears. My mother then asks what is wrong, I then pronounce proudly, where's daddy. Supeisingly , I havnt cried since that ( except when bellamy scored v ushited ).

I was also sent to bed that night, but be prepared, radio under the pillow worked a treat

don't post much so this is really my big contribution . CTID

Oh and ffs don't selll robby he's sik.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.