Your Best Memories of Maine Road

paphos-mcfc

Walking up Yew Tree lane getting a chippy scran before the match and heading into the kippax car park. 1st div 2nd div, was the same routine. Still felt good.

Sneaking in for the last game there (not a good result mind) It was easy cos Drone Sr. was on the gate :)

The last Maine Rd Derby. Never heard the noise from the crowd as loud as it was that day!

Will remember that as long as i live!

TGR said:
The City Chippy.
Unbeatable.

The original one on Claremont Road next to Ladbrokes was brilliant. They started another one towards the end at the corner od CR and Maine Road. It was shite.

Started going with my mates on a regular basis when I was about 18. We'd go out boozing on a Friday night. Wake up with a fuzzy head, two buses from Swinton, City Chippy about 2.00. Chips and curry on a barm for about 50p. I remember the pics of the players that were drawn by kids from the school across the road. Luckily they wrote the players names on, so you could figure out who it was. For some strange reason they had a wood carved fish in a City kit with Ian Brightwells head on it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.