Your City Superstitions - Can you let go of them now?

Met a group in the Piccadilly sports bar after the game - one of whom had left 5 mins before the end. Unfortunately for him his mates were demanding that he has to leave before the end of every game we're losing in future, until the curse is broken.......................

blue.behind.enemy.lines said:
When we won 4-1 in the first derby at Eastlands, they had ran out of meat and Potato pies before kick off, so me and my Dad got my Grandad a sausage roll. Thanks to the result we forced him to have a sausage roll at every game until he died, he didn't even like them. Feel like right cruel bastards now come to think of it aha.

Fuck me... how many sausage rolls is that?

My biggest superstition was the home, kappa kit from the bad old days. I've never worn any other shirt to a football game since that era. I wore it to the parade and I'm going to retire it now. It's served me well over the years and no matter how bad it got it would always remind me how things could have been. I may see if i can get some signatures on it so I can give myself a reason to get it framed. Doesn't seem right to leave it in the wardrobe.

I bought this seasons away kit after the parade and relished in getting champions on the back. But now I'm worries about wearing it as I'm worried I'm going to tempt fate. Oh decisions!

mr t said:
I've finally bleached my favourite Man City mug and it's bright and shiny again after being stained with tea for months - I'd convinced myself that if I soaked it in bleach then City would surely lose their next game and would not win the league title.

I can also stop thinking about Maine Road gypsy curses forever.

Hallelujah - feels like a big storm cloud has been lifted.

Is it just me or has anyone else stopped performing strange superstitious City rituals since Sunday?

Nope have never watched City take a penalty always turn my back and have done for 30 plus years - do watch the replays on TV though!!!!

Will never change this

Pigeonho said:
I had a weird one at Maine Road. Remember the score board which had an image of Kit Symons on in a Kappa kit? I used to sit there and stare at that and then blink, trying to capture the badge and our scoreline, (if we were winning). If I didn't blink and capture that 3 times without the other team creeping into view, I would start it all over again.
Weirdo!
I had a blinking ritual as well - it was combined with - wait for it............humming for 15 seconds.......................for fucks sake the tricks that the mind plays on us.................

Anyway I gave that one up talking to myself pissed up on Fosters on the minibus home after York away - so bladdered I couldn't hum and blink at the same time and it was obvious that the blinking/humming wasn't working

I have to repeat under my breath clear it, clear it, clear it ... Whenever the opposition are in or around our box.

Now just trying to decide whether I should wear the jeans I wore every game last season (without washing) this season or whether I should start the season afresh with a new pair.

Last seasons jeans also saw the FA Cup final win.

Ed68 said:
I have to repeat under my breath clear it, clear it, clear it ... Whenever the opposition are in or around our box.

Now just trying to decide whether I should wear the jeans I wore every game last season (without washing) this season or whether I should start the season afresh with a new pair.

Wear last seasons jeans for all our sakes

MCFC 4 EVER said:
Ed68 said:

Wear last seasons jeans for all our sakes

You know I'd already decided I have to. I am a fully grown, supposedly mature adult so have no idea why I think what I wear had any influence in the team. I don't reckon they are sat in the changing room watching CCTV and when I arrive in the jeans they'll be rejoicing another win.

To be honest it's more likely my wife who 'adopted' my Dads season ticket when he passed away a couple of years ago.

I'm not superstitious but i wear my City socks for every home game! I didn't wear them for QPR and after watching us go behind, the socks did come to mind. We all know what happened but i will be wearing them again today only cos they're comfy ;)

bluebird113 said:
I have wore a pair of walking boots to every match for the last 2 seasons the heel has almost fallen off but i could not not wear them just incase I jinxed the match, time for a new pair now? or should I keep them just in case???

Got e new pair of boots same make and colour
just in case!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.