your end of season prem table predictions

Here are my VERY specific predictions for the season ahead;

We will win the double. At the top of the league we will be 4 points clear of United.

Arsenlol will finish outside the top 4, but be somewhat redeemed by Wenger winning the League Cup - in the fans' eyes if not his own. Final will be Arsenal-Liverpool.

Liverpool will finish in the top four. Namely fourth.

Chelsea (who finish 3rd in the league btw) will win the Champions League, in a final with United in which they lay to rest the ghosts of Moscow. Barcelona will surprise everyone by going out in the quarters. We will go out in the round of 16 but many people will frame it as a positive on Bluemoon (''we were never going to win this, we can concentrate on the title now, we've got our CL experience for next year, etc etc).

Blooming heck - you've got us a bit high. I think we'll finish anywhere between 14th and last. We've only signed Pratley, who I don't know anything about, and the Cahill saga is getting tedious. We need to sell him so we can sign some more players - but I can't see Davies putting his hand in his pocket.

The title contenders (in my opinion) will be Utd (yes, yes I know they're disgusting but they'll be up there. They always are), Chelsea, Liverpool and City. I think you've got the best chance of winning the title but the Champions League may prove a bit tough for you as well, so we'll have to see. I would much rather you lot win than Utd (for obvious reasons) or the scousers (fiance's a Liverpool fan). Anyway - hope next season is a good one for both yourselves and t'Wanderers. :)

I hate to say it, but I think United will win it again. The main contenders will be them, us, and maybe Chelsea. I only say 'maybe' for Chelsea because I have doubts about Villas Boas, his age, and most importantly his lack of experience, I just don't think he is the right man for such a job, give him two, three years or so in the helm and I can see him having Chelsea right up alongside United and City, but not at the moment. Arsenal will do very well to get another 4th, anything beyond that for Arsenal should be considered a bonus. Could easily see either Arsenal or Chelsea dropping out of the top four.

As for Liverpool, to call them title contenders is going too far, I think some people have read a bit too much into what Kenny did last season. Look at the transfer business they have done so far, they have signed Henderson, who, in the grand scheme of things, didn't do that much last season and many would say is overrated, and Adam, who, even tough I rate him, is not Champions League quality. They are more than capable of getting 4th, maybe even 3rd, but not winning the league. Big season for Carroll, did he really do anything last season except score those 2 goals against us? I just can't see him doing the job required that would get Liverpool the title, he isn't quite that good.

As for relegation, I think Swansea really struggle, just don't think they are quite ready, equipped, or have the quality to do well in the Premiership. I think Wolves will also go down, and then the last spot will be between Norwich and Wigan.

I honestly couldn't call it, I think we have a deceeent chance this year when you factor in whats occuring with our competition: Man U just lost alot of their experienced players and have taken a step back with alot of their new signings. Chelseas squad is now ancient and I can see a mountain of injuries coming their way. Arsenal seem to be imploding loosing their star players but not replacing them. Then you have the likes of Liverpool improving and Tottenham who if they retain players will be a threat who will both chasing that no.4 spot.

Okay, so my prediction is

Man City
Man U
Chelsea
Liverpool
Arsenal
Spurs

Then I have literally no idea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.