Your Favourite Edin Dzeko moment?

The 6th at the swamp. Favourite ever City goal until Aguerooooooooo! And I've been watching them for more than 50 years.

It's a long list. One I can't see mentioned is Wigan away in the first PL winning season. IIRC it was a header from a free kick.

Yes. I was at that game. We were one up away from home at a place we rarely won, top of the league, and current FA Cup holders...and the guy next to me moaned all through the game including the quote "this is f*cking boring, what a waste of money".

Oh, just shut the f*ck up. Dad.

And for the record my fave Dzeko moment has to be his two away at Everton. And his cramp. First time I really thought we were gonna win the title since we lost at Anfield after it went to 3-1.

Five favourite moments from Edin that have nothing to do with his play.

1. According to Rafa Honigstein, he had agents working four different deals in Europe when he was leaving Wolfsberg. When he decided he wanted to play for us, he wrote a letter asking if he could join.

2. I am not religious but I always found Edin - and Samir's - praying on the pitch before a game powerful and moving. You can still see Edin praying on a Sky ident.

3. Edin helping Bibotelli with his bib and smiling as they hugged each other.

4. The Guardian article on Edin's significance to his nation. As if carrying our hopes wasn't heavy enough.

5. This always makes me smile:

1. His equaliser v QPR, he didn't even seem to jump.

2. His back header away at Spurs, the day he got 4.

3. His double against Villa that wrapped up the second title, was chuffed for him that night.

4. His double against United in 2014 down our end.

5. His class goal at home to Newcastle last season. My missus was sat next to me at the game that day, Edin remains the only person to make her scream louder than I do...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.