Your favourite ever City away game?

0258557.png

I am in the middle of that lot somewhere lol! A mad day, £100 for a black market ticket in their home end behind the goal but Blues everywhere, including one sat to the left of me. We were sussed as Blues fairly early on and had to mute our celebrations until we got onto that pitch then let rip! The party continued in central Manchester and then Didsbury, what a day and what a night!

Haven't been to many aways last few years and never seen a game abroad but from the Ines I've been to
Gillingham at Wembley
Sunderland LC at Wembley- first trophy I had actually seen us win
Everton away FAC 81. - amazing atmosphere and following
Ipswich at Villa park semi final
Villa away 5-1 and the 2-1 day of Strangeways was brilliant
Even though we lost 1-0 Watford away under Mel Machin - was pissed when we got there, drank the train bar dry on train and got left overnight in Nuneaton
Rags 2-2 when Roger Palmer scored in the last minute. I was just a kid sat in Rags seats above the City fans and went mad. Luckily got out
Sheffield Weds away 6-2 the Ali Bernabia show

I don't think its already been mentioned but one of my favourites was a game at Walsall.
2-0 down early on
City playing utter shite
Dibble has a bit of a row with city fans behind the goals.
Then he gets injured and has to go off and Gleghorn (midfielder) goes in nets.
Then we suddenly start playing and go 3-2 up with three rapid goals.
Only to give it up in the last minute when Oldfield leaves a backpass short. 3-3

All the above is from memory but I think the facts are right.

This was a "typical City" type performance and summed us up in one match.

I was at that game behind the goal. Dibble was getting loads for letting two goals in and giving some back. He then takes that kick and is carried off, everyone was convinced he was putting it on, no idea if he was but I would love to ask him now lol!

I am in the middle of that lot somewhere lol! A mad day, £100 for a black market ticket in their home end behind the goal but Blues everywhere, including one sat to the left of me. We were sussed as Blues fairly early on and had to mute our celebrations until we got onto that pitch then let rip! The party continued in central Manchester and then Didsbury, what a day and what a night!

Me and my mate somehow blagged tickets in the disabled section of the home end. When City scored the first goal we jumped up and went mental.

OOPS Sussed! Unfortunately our protestations of it being a miracle got us nowhere.

Fair play to them though, they didn't chuck us out.

Apart from the 6-1.. Bradford the day we got promoted springs to mind, brilliant day. Also winning at Bradford after not winning away for a couple of years, and doing the conga at the train station. Think we won 4-2 with Paul Stewart baggin a few.

6-1 Lovely. Just lovely.
1-0 Semi against the rags again when everyone realised we have arrived and we're here to stay.
Gillingham. Where it all started (and we should have a bronze statue of Morrison erected outside the Etihad)
4-3 Spuds. The impossible dream.
Blackburn promotion. Scenes in town at Shambles Square unreal.
Bradford promotion. Travelling without a ticket and not getting turned back off the M62 by the Dibble.
WBA. Inflatable craze at its height. Frankenstein fighting T Rex, Skeletons, etc. Surreal.
Stoke Boxing Day. The biggest fancy dress party I've ever been to. Memorable.
2-0 Newcastle. Yaya. Realising we're gorna win the league.
Wolves away in pub before game watching Everton equalise realising the league is now in our hands.
Every Euro away. And I mean every one of them.
Oldham away. Pissing it down again. Blues drying their clothes in every launderrette on their way home.
Plus every game where we were shit (makes all the above better) and every game where I simply survived (in the dark days of hoolies everywhere).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.