Your favourite Manchester brewery

Manchester is blessed with some of the best independent breweries in the country & arguably the world.

Cloudwater
Track
Marble
Pamona
Runaway
Blackjack
ShinDigger
Seven Bros

God I can't wait for this crap to be over so I can go on a massive alldayer

I love Sixex the most. In a Holts pub I’ll usually have pints of Black then a bottle of that if it’s on stock

Tbf I could have listed all Holt's bottled ales as I like them all and had a regular order of each of them delivered to my house during lockdown

Christ yea,one of my best pals from school dad went exactly the same way,he worked for Bass as a delivery driver,house was always full of cans,I often thought it was part of the pay package,he sadly died at 59
Did a bit of drayman work at John Smiths and went out with one of the porters , shaky Bob ( ex wilsons) . He had 2 cans walking into work a couple of bottles the night man left him in the cab as much as was offered to him at every pub sometimes 10/ 11 drops and then drop a gallon on his way back home ....... absolute legend

Beer Nouveau on western Street is well worth a visit. I missed the first four goals when we beat Chelsea 6-0 18/19 . His beer was that good I didn't want to leave . The gaffer is a sound fella and he knows his stuff about booze.

Did a bit of drayman work at John Smiths and went out with one of the porters , shaky Bob ( ex wilsons) . He had 2 cans walking into work a couple of bottles the night man left him in the cab as much as was offered to him at every pub sometimes 10/ 11 drops and then drop a gallon on his way back home ....... absolute legend

Oh aye them boys could put some away,perks of the job I guess as well,but came at a bigger cost to some

Don’t think they’d have stopped though even if they were asked to

Christ yea,one of my best pals from school dad went exactly the same way,he worked for Bass as a delivery driver,house was always full of cans,I often thought it was part of the pay package,he sadly died at 59

I'm sure up here every member of staff at Scottish & Newcastle Brewery got 24 cans or bottles a month free
Subsidised shop as well

Anyone remember the Holts’ beer, Regal? Can’t remember, or find on Google, how strong it was…?

My dad worked at Greenalls and Boddingtons!

It wasn’t a great place to work for life expectancy though. The number of blokes in Warrington who worked at Greenalls and Tetley Walkers and received free ale as part of their pay deal and are now no longer with us is very high! At Tetley’s, my uncle got 24 cans of Skol Special a week and those in the Brewing bit in a Greenalls could drink all day while they worked !
My Mum was a barmaid in the George Hotel in Cadishead. In school holidays I would go in with her about 10am whilst she got the bar ready. The draymen would often turn up for a delivery whilst I was there and would sink a pint each before they left. I assume they did that in every pub they visited. Those were the days eh ? (This would have been mid sixties)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.