Your favourite player...

BibbyBlue85 said:
David Ginola

I'll always remember Joe Kinnear's interview after Wimbledon had played spurs.
He was asked about Ginola and said

"For a player with such great balance, it's amazing how many times he loses it in the penalty area"

Thierry Henry and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink were two that I used to really like when I was younger. Also used to like players who were brilliant for me on old Fifas or Football Managers, for example these days I follow the careers of Emile Sinclair (Macclesfield), Lauri Dalla Valle (Fulham) and Nathan Delfouneso (Villa) purely because they were awesome on games! Also Nicky Maynard of Bristol City is a favourite of mine, he used to live on the same estate as me and went to the school next to my old one, hoping he gets to the Premier League soon.

Gazza at his very best was brilliant, he got Spurs to the 1991 Cup Final on his own - magic.

Chris Waddle - loved him as a kid as I always played on the wing myself. Another very unusual choice was the former Aston Villa winger Tony Daley. Perhaps the fastest player I've ever seen. He stared in Villa's ultimately failed title campaign in 1989-90 but I thought he was fucking brilliant. From his permed mohawk hair, rapid pace and ability to just shimmy round people and accelerate away from them in a style that made David White look like a tug boat.

Gazza and Maldini. They are 2 out of the 3 players i would have loved to have seen playing for City.

The 3rd actually did sign for City, what a major disappointment he was. Hero to zero.

Thank you Mr Weah.

Might seem an odd choice but going back to the late 90's when we were utter dogshit, and looking at what we could realistically attract at the time then Craig Hignett was a definite stand out player for me. Class on a stick and reputedly turned us down to sign for Barnsley which didn't say much for our pulling power back then :(

Jean-Pierre Papin. he was a fantastic striker for a time.. then went to Milan and was never quite the same

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.