Your Favourite Stand Up Comedian

I like Russell Kane... we’ve seen him a couple of times in small venues and he was funny

Lee Mack was ok, as was Dave Spikey agree about Mickey Flanagan, liked him but i’ve gone off him slightly
I agree about Russell Kane. He’s one of those comedians who is much better live, when he can craft a performance, rather than in a short television appearance.

I don’t watch stand ups live, I don’t want to be forced to laugh for 2 hours. Love comedies like Early Doors, Phoenix Nights and The Royle Family but one person spouting off for ages, no thanks. Comedy store with 20 minute slots is ok but generally includes a female comedian talking about her “lady garden”, fucking terrible.

Rich Hall anybody?

Seen him twice.
Very funny.
Once as his alter ego Otis Lee Crenshaw and once at the Lowry as himself where a drunk woman heckler so pissed him and everyone else off that when he said “ look lady why don’t you fuck off, they’ve come to listen to me, not you.” He got rapturous applause.

I prefer British comedians to American ones generally, the yanks tend to be quite ott with everything and it grates on me a bit, that said I really like Bill Burr, and Bo Burnham is pretty decent too.

Stewart Lee
Billy Connolly
Dylan Moran

all geniuses.

Of the new breed I think James Acaster is pretty good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.