Your first ever gig....

I was asked by a mate who worked as a manager for Showsec if I fancied working this gig (Stop Sellafield) at G-Mex ? He offered me £80, a bag of Thai Sticks and some pink champagne.
I was ooing and arrring when he said he'd put me in the pit (right at the front).
I must admit, it was a fucking laugh, from start to finish. Some quality tuneage aswell.
Kraftwerk, Public Enemy, Big Audio Dynamite and U2.
After Public Enemy finished their set my mate moved me to the side of the stage/backstage area. He said I was standing out like a sore thumb in the pit, and thought it best to move me. I said 'well I'm fucking massive, what do you expect ? He said I was supposed to be working, looking professional. Instead of dancing like a mad man...off my tits. Haha.

For the whole of U2's 'Zoo' set I was dancing next to Flavor Flav. Didn't get mithered once.
After the gig and the crowd had fucked off , my mate asked me if I fancied going up to Leeds for a after show party being held at a top gaff owned by one of Showsec's big wigs.
Fucking quality night that was.

1044824399_6a44ebe999.jpg

At this point when Kraftwerk kicked it off there was only about 300 heads in the gaff. When U2 came on there was about 9000 in. Kraftwerk and Public Enemy were amazing.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHgpFflwfZw[/youtube]

The Two Tone tour 1979,I was 14 and looked 10,still got served at the pub round the corner from the Apollo.
Don't remember too much as I was mullered off two pints and walked back to Ashton as I'd spent my bus fare,even if it was only 2p.

A bit embarrassing but mine was Sigue Sigue Sputnik at The International in 1985. I sorted myself out pretty quickly though and my 2nd gig was The Smiths at G-Mex in 86 at the 10th Summer of Punk thing.

Can't remember my first gig as I started going quite young. Possibly Madness' woodstock tour at the G-Mex, or may even have been Oasis at Maine Road (not sure which came first). Can't remember any gigs before that though I may have been to some

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.