Your most nervous City match ever

FA Cup final 2011, felt sick for 2 weeks prior to it.

Rags and then Newcastle in 2012.

The run in last season was tough every week.

Must admit I am a bit of a flapper at big games and as a result have become very familiar with the concourse at the Etihad and both ends of Wembley during the second half of games. Having said that the most stressful ones were the semi final and the final in 2011. Watched the first on the big screens at the Etihad and was fine till we scored then spent the last thirty minutes staring at my phone trying not to listen to the commentary. For the final watched it at home but the more chances we missed the more nervous I became about Stoke scoring with a single chance so actually volunteered to pick up my daughter from work and drove there and back without the radio on, got back home to find City were leading but refused to go in and watch as I thought I might jinx them.
The family think I am a right wuss and they are right, but typical City does this to you

The Semi against Utd at Wembley especially when we went 1up!
I had my arms folded for what seemed like the rest of the match after Yaya scored. As the clocked turned to 80 minutes, I realised I was in pain. I badly broke my left wrist 3 years earlier and having my arms folded like that was putting strain on it.

I went to change my stance but then decided that if I changed and United scored, it’d be my fault so stayed how I was and caused myself more pain.

I have to say Tottenham in the league last season when Foden scored. I thought I was going to be sick my heart for most of it.

FA cup final 2020 against the rags, hardly slept all week but the KDB masterclass in the first 20 mins made me relax and enjoy hammering them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.