Your Own City 'Build' Identi-Kit...

Bigga

The Blue Buus... is callin us... Driver, where you
I'm at work last night and my brain starts thinking about what player would thrived under Guardiola, from days gone by.

So, instead of that single player, I'm going to build my own City team that I, personally, got inspired by and using one alternative if it's too close for a decision.

Now, if you make your own, of course it's going to vary on your age group.

I had to jiggle mine a fair bit and, maybe, might have to rethink again. Now I know some names have been left off, but it's the ones that got me smiling thinking about their involvement.

We've had some real gems and crackers at Liddle City!

So far it shakes out as:

Goalkeeper: Trautmann (legend)/ Ederson

Defender: Power/ Zabbaleta... Stones, Kompany, Clichy

D. Mid: Lake/ Fernandinho, Touré/ Rodrigo

Att Mid: Bell/ De Bruyne, Elano/ D. Silva, P. Barnes/ Sané

Striker: Aguero

Subs: Bernarbia, Haaland, Hart, Dzeko, Kinkladze and Wright-Phillips.

*I had to put Bell in and swap out Michael Johnson! Loathed to drop the lad!

I'd like to see others and see where we all/ mostly come to consensus on.

Last edited:
It might be because it's early but I have no idea what the game is here haha, I also dont even understand the title.

It was simply to build your 'all star' team from whatever team you've seen. I wasn't looking for a 'who was the best ever' argument as that's subjective to everyone.

More looking to who, personally, meant something to someone in a position on the pitch over the years and see what it looked like.

Like for me, Trautmann was someone who my teacher at primary school used to glow about and I watched a few games my teacher put on in the class for us. However, I really liked Hart, but he's not better than Ederson, so Ederson is difficult not to deserve being in the team.

With the subs of 6, I couldn't even place Michael Johnson, whose potential was amazing to me.

It was just a thought experiment from a personal POV.

If I am understanding this right

Goalkeeper: Coton / Ederson

Defender:
RB: Hill, Zabbaleta.
CB: Stones, Curle, Kompany, Distin
LB: Pointon, Clichy

DM: Lake, McNab, Fernandinho, Rodri

CM: De Bruyne, D. Silva, B. Silva, Toure

Wingers: White, Mahrez, SWP, Beagrie

Striker: Aguero, Goater, Walsh

Subs: Bernarbia, Cooper , Dzeko, Vonk, Horlock, I. Brightwell and simpson

If I am understanding this right

Goalkeeper: Coton / Ederson

Defender:
RB: Hill, Zabbaleta.
CB: Stones, Curle, Kompany, Distin
LB: Pointon, Clichy

DM: Lake, McNab, Fernandinho, Rodri

CM: De Bruyne, D. Silva, B. Silva, Toure

Wingers: White, Mahrez, SWP, Beagrie

Striker: Aguero, Goater, Walsh

Subs: Bernarbia, Cooper , Dzeko, Vonk, Horlock, I. Brightwell and simpson

I forgot about Distin!

He reminds me of Dias, come to think of it.

My team would be

Hart (When he was at his best)

Zabaleta
Dunne
Kompany
Jensen

De Bruyne
Benarbia

Wright-Phillips
Petrov

Anelka
Haaland

I was stuck on Anelka or Dzeko. I would have put David Sliva in but wanted a player from the Keegan era so when for Benarbia because he was a very good player for us.

Weve had not many left backs that have stood out for. Jensen was very good during the keegan era. Scored a cracker against Leeds at Maine Road in our last season there.

2005-2007 apart from Dunne. The rest were useless and we probably got lucky that they were worse teams in the league that saved us from getting relegated.

My team would be

Hart (When he was at his best)

Zabaleta
Dunne
Kompany
Jensen

De Bruyne
Benarbia

Wright-Phillips
Petrov

Anelka
Haaland

I was stuck on Anelka or Dzeko. I would have put David Sliva in but wanted a player from the Keegan era so when for Benarbia because he was a very good player for us.

Weve had not many left backs that have stood out for. Jensen was very good during the keegan era. Scored a cracker against Leeds at Maine Road in our last season there.

2005-2007 apart from Dunne. The rest were useless and we probably got lucky that they were worse teams in the league that saved us from getting relegated.

Interesting as I had Hart, brilliant with his hands, problematic with his feet and Ederson only decent with his hands, great feet, as a reverse, so he ended up pipping Joey Lad to the gloves.

Jensen is a good shout, actually.

No David S or Aguero is the big surprise, but makes your team pretty interesting!

-----------------P schmeichel----------------

Zabaleta--Distin--Kompany--Walker

-------------------------Rodri------------------------

--------------De Bruyne----D Silva------------

SWP--------------------------------------------B Silva

-----------------------Haaland-------------------------

Interesting as I had Hart, brilliant with his hands, problematic with his feet and Ederson only decent with his hands, great feet, as a reverse, so he ended up pipping Joey Lad to the gloves.

Jensen is a good shout, actually.

No David S or Aguero is the big surprise, but makes your team pretty interesting!
I probably should have included them. This is my City team from when I first started getting into football.

I would have included Distin somewhere but I had to go for Dunne because he was blue through and through like Vinny.

I did like the 2007/08 team as I think that was a good team. The players Sven bought were really good. Petrov and Elano were probably the stand out players that season.

2008/09 was a mess but it was the start of something great and that's when Vinny and Zabaleta first become blues.

I don't think you could beat last seasons squad as the best squad we ever had. 2017/18 was very close but last year went the extra mile. Shame we threw the League Cup away that nearly made it the perfect 4.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.