Your standout City memory...

Johnsonontheleft

What's the moment that stands out for you most of all when you think back of your time as a city fan?

I was lucky enough to have witnessed first hand the Terry Phelan goal and subsequent pitch invasion, the despair and joy at Wembley in 99, the last derby at Maine Road when Neville fed the goat, Ewood park when we went up, the FA cup final last year - but for some reason my most vivid memory of being a City fan is this:

When Michel Vonk slid towards the main stand on his knees after putting us 2-0 against Ipswich in the cup.

Aside from all the obvious ups and downs, the two that stick with me for some reason are...

Best; The Gerry Creaney freekick that won us the game against Charlton. One down for ages, two in the last five minutes, ace. '96 I think.

Worst: Rebrov scoring the goal that effectively relegated us in 2000/01. Was at Uni at had a 4hr commute back with a load of spurs fans. Awful.

The three stand-outs for me :-

Stood on Piccadilly train station platform in 81 going to Wembley, I was lucky never to have had to go to war, but I always remember thinking at the time that I bet it was a bit like this in that feeling of togetherness, the camaraderie, our Blue army going off to war.

Play-off 1999.

First game against Blackpool in division 3, wasn't sure what the fans response would be, would we stick by the club or would we drift off in significant numbers ?
I should never have worried.

Oh and Jim Melroses goal against Notts County.

Getting relegated by Luton and David Pleats antics.

Wembley 81 both games
Wembley last year semi final and final in fact the final is the first time I have broken down and wept for joy since the Luton game which was total despair.

I've been going since 1969 , so there are many memories that stick out in my mind , but Paul Powers semi-final winner at Villa Park is one of the main ones.

99 Wemberly i was young at the time but what a day prob best day ever being a blue. Fa cup final was a great moment also

Sunday could be the best day every

Johnsonontheleft said:
What's the moment that stands out for you most of all when you think back of your time as a city fan?

I was lucky enough to have witnessed first hand the Terry Phelan goal and subsequent pitch invasion, the despair and joy at Wembley in 99, the last derby at Maine Road when Neville fed the goat, Ewood park when we went up, the FA cup final last year - but for some reason my most vivid memory of being a City fan is this:

When Michel Vonk slid towards the main stand on his knees after putting us 2-0 against Ipswich in the cup.

too many really, i suppose its a close run thing between the good, ballet on ice, to the bad, going out v groclin.and the ugly when spurs whooped us in the cup after a pitch invasion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.