Your standout City memory...

Like OP have loads of memory's but the bizzare memory that stands out is John Burridge warming up by kicking a ball against the kippax wall and diving for it. Memory is a bit blurred but think it was the first season of the all seating kippax, I sat in AA lower.

Slightly strange actually - in that until recently I'd have said something low key in terms of the game in question, there are a few memories that are so personal.

But for the cup final last year, I wanted very much to get a ticket for my father, who first took me to Maine Road as an 8 year old back in 1981 against Crystal Palace at the start of that cup run. He went week in week out for 30 years or more, but doesn't live in Manchester anymore. I knew I had a ticket for the final, but kept it quiet. So it was the phone call to my Dad last May, when I said it would be nice given the symmetry if we watched the game together. He agreed and asked if I wanted to come round and watch it on the telly with him. When I said that yes I could, but wouldn't it be nicer if he came with me to Wembley.....well I will remember that long silence on the other end of the phone for the rest of my life.

And yes, apart from the result of course, we had a wonderful day. So my memory is slightly less about City and more about family.

charliebigspuds said:
Pollocks og

Yaya's semi final goal last year

Niall Quinns volley away at Spurs

The comeback vrs Spurs away in the FA cup

TBH when I think about it there's too many to mention

agreed, just tooo many, i'll have a go tomoz.

Will always be the 2011 FA Cup Final for me. Nothing will ever surpass that day for me. That was the day we got the monkey off our back. Behind my daughter's birth, the greatest day of my life. Whever I watch the recording of the game I start 'filling up'. It was magical.

Many great memories!

5-1 vs the rags takes some beating.

The 5 -1 vs Charlton is the 1st game that i can remember though.

10-1 vs Huddersfield was crazy.

The play off final was unreal.

Winning the FA Cup was brilliant.

But at the top of my pile was beating the rags a couple of weeks back. Pure poetry.

Dave Watsons bullet header against Ipswich when all my mates
had fucked off 10 mins early to get the Langley direct.
Fuck that shit, see the game out, walk to town and
then the 121 home and the pink final
Happy days. "Denis Tueart King Of all Geordies"

Getting my first season ticket as a kid. Going to Maine Rd with my mate and his mum, being let into the Main Stand and picking out our seats. Then, with the stadium completely empty, walking through the Main Stand, into the North Stand, briefly running on to the pitch, then running the entire length of the Kippax, through into the Platt Lane stand then back to the Main stand.

Giddy as fuck when it was done :-) Top, top day.

Last game of the Kippax Terrace. Bloke with a paper mashe banana helmut on projectile vomitting for a full 5 seconds on the poor lad stood in front. Pure slapstick, never to be forgotten.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.