Your starting XI for Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the start of season 17/18 Bernardo has scored 6 goals in away games against Liverpool, Manure, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs. Meanwhile Sergio has scored...0 goals and Gabby 1.

For those wondering why Bernardo started as a false 9 at manure and why it might be a good idea to do the same in Madrid.

City seem to have gambled on Laporte's fitness and lost.

If he plays this weekend then he's back in the picture. Sterling is crucial. He's way off form, but perhaps the injury break will do him good?

Going off the currently fit players this would be my team, but I'd bring in Laporte for Ota and Sterling for Mahrez if they are fit.

-----------Ederson
Walker---Fern--Ota---Mendy
--------------Rodri
------KDB----------Bernardo
----Mahrez--Aguero--Jesus

City seem to have gambled on Laporte's fitness and lost.

If he plays this weekend then he's back in the picture. Sterling is crucial. He's way off form, but perhaps the injury break will do him good?

Going off the currently fit players this would be my team, but I'd bring in Laporte for Ota and Sterling for Mahrez if they are fit.

-----------Ederson
Walker---Fern--Ota---Mendy
--------------Rodri
------KDB----------Bernardo
----Mahrez--Aguero--Jesus

Is that what you want to see or what Pep would play? Because Pep won't start with both Kun and Gabby, I think both will be on the bench and start the league cup final. Why? Because with our problems in defence we can't afford to give the ball away often which will happen with 2 strikers. The main objective in our tactics will be to be extremely solid in possession and not give Real chances to counter attack. Real are not Villa to play both Sergio and Gabby in such a huge game. If we do it, we might win 3:2 or get beaten 4:1, the latter being the likelier outcome.

How can you reason from Laporte's absence to starting both Sergio and Gabby? Doesn't make sense to me. Just me though, Pep might agree with you, who knows?

Is that what you want to see or what Pep would play? Because Pep won't start with both Kun and Gabby, I think both will be on the bench and start the league cup final. Why? Because with our problems in defence we can't afford to give the ball away often which will happen with 2 strikers. The main objective in our tactics will be to be extremely solid in possession and not give Real chances to counter attack. Real are not Villa to play both Sergio and Gabby in such a huge game. If we do it, we might win 3:2 or get beaten 4:1, the latter being the likelier outcome.

How can you reason from Laporte's absence to starting both Sergio and Gabby? Doesn't make sense to me. Just me though, Pep might agree with you, who knows?

Its just a regular set up but with Jesus instead of sterling on the left if he's injured. Jesus is probably better at pressing & defensively anyway

Its just a regular set up but with Jesus instead of sterling on the left if he's injured. Jesus is probably better at pressing & defensively anyway

Jesus has different qualities to Sterling, it's not like replacing a similar player. We have started with both Sergio and Gabby just 2 games this season, and against poor teams, we ain't doing it at Bernabeu of all grounds.

Ederson
Walker
Zinchenko
Otemendi
Laporte
Fernandinho
KDB
B Silva
Sterling
Mahrez
Aguero

Ederson,
Walker laporte dinho mendy
Kdb rodri bernardo
Mahrez aguero jesus

this is what I would go with...

but we all know Pep will start Gundogan before Bernardo for reasons nobody can understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.