your team for villa.

-------------Given--------------

Zab----Toure----Lescott----Bridge

--------De Jong-----Barry--------

SWP---------Ireland--------Bellamy

-----------Adebayor----------

Tevez got his knee knocked around a bit and even though he played well he never got a proper rest, don't know about Zab having to deal with Young so either him or Richards would be good enough for me.

Given
Zab Toure Lescott Bridge
SWP Barry de Jong Petrov
Bellamy Adebayor

Subs:

Taylor
Richards
Sylvinho
Johnson
Ireland
Wiess
Santa Cruz

Breaker said:
-------------Given--------------

Zab----Toure----Lescott----Bridge

--------De Jong-----Barry--------

SWP---------Ireland--------Bellamy

-----------Adebayor----------

Tevez got his knee knocked around a bit and even though he played well he never got a proper rest, don't know about Zab having to deal with Young so either him or Richards would be good enough for me.

I wouldn't be disappointed with that side. SWP and Bellamy will tuck in a bit into more of a 4-5-1 when we are under pressure

ninjamonkey said:
----------Given

Zab--toure--lescott--bridge

Bellamy--DJ Nige--Barry--Petrov

-------tevez---adebayor

That is currently our best team based on form. Keep it 4-4-2 with some real pace and width and let ade have a field day from petrovs crosses

i agree with this, has a balanced look. swp is not on great form at the moment. the only downside is that it has no home grown players in the lineup for the 1st time in a long time.

Petrov as an outlet, whipping crosses onto Adebayor's head would be lethal. Also, playing Petrov has allowed Barry to join the other lads in the box from corners (he's very good in the air), with Martin whipping the ball in, which is a big plus. De Jong is a must alongside Barry. Bellamy is also a must starter, with the decision being where to play him. Do we play him where he finished tonight's game, on the right instead of SWP, or do we play him up top with Ade and rest Tevez. It's all a matter of opinion, but i'd rather go with the Tevez option. So for me, SWP would be joined on the bench by Ireland (nothing against Stevie, but surely we have to pick the team on form... that's why we have a squad right?).

So it's:

..........................Given........................

Zabaleta......Toure........Lescott......Bridge

.................De Jong.......Barry................
Bellamy.......................................Petrov

.................Tevez................................
.................................Adebayor............

Subs: Taylor, Richards, Sylvinho, Johnson, Ireland, SWP, Santa Cruz.

Great bench! Unfortunately, Vladi Weiss misses out on a place in the squad, but it's the right decision in my opinion. We wont see much of him away from home, and not much more of him at home to be honest. Not yet.

-------------------Given----------------------

Zab--------Toure---------Lescott-------Bridge

--------------De Jong-----Barry---------------

--SWP----------------------------------Petrov
----------------Tevez-------------------------
---------------------Adebayor-----------------

Taylor
Sylvinho
Vidal
Ireland
Weiss
Bellamy
RSC

Bellamy on the bench,simply because I think his knees could do with a break.

Bluemoon115 said:
-------------------Given----------------------

Zab--------Toure---------Lescott-------Bridge

--------------De Jong-----Barry---------------

--SWP----------------------------------Petrov
----------------Tevez-------------------------
---------------------Adebayor-----------------

Taylor
Sylvinho
Vidal
Ireland
Weiss
Bellamy
RSC

Bellamy on the bench,simply because I think his knees could do with a break.
We play on Monday again, so i don't think he needs a break. He's undroppable/unrestable (call it what you want) for any away game. In fact, for any home game too! Only when fixtures are congested, or he's out of form, would i consider taking him out of the side. And regarding the Villa game, neither of these two conditions are satisfied, therefore Bellamy plays.

Bellamy won't play.

Given

Zabaleta
Toure
Lescott
Bridge

SWP
Ireland
De Jong
Barry
Petrov

Adebayor

................Given................
Zabba Toure Lescott Bridge
SWP DeJong Barry Bellamy
..........Tevez Ade..............

Subs: Taylor, Richards, Sylvinho, Johnson, Ireland, Petrov, RSC

Same team as tonight but with Petrov making way for Ade. Even though Petrov was more effective on the left than SWP on the right tonight, SWP offers more all round so I'd start him away. Weiss gets pushed off the bench unfortunately as we are in more need right now of giving RSC and Johnson game-time if possible. Hopefully Weiss will get a chance again soon (can't wait for this lad to get a chance to shine).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.