Your thoughts on Alex Ferguson as a manager

TTTCITYBHOY said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
i'll need a shower after saying but without doubt the greatest manager the game has seen!!!
Bullshit,it took Jock Stein 2 months to win his 1st trophy with Celtic,the Scottish Cup in 1965.
It took him 2 years to become the 1st British winners of the European Cup.Also winning the clubs 1st ever treble. (1967)
Also became the 1st manager in history to win all competitions entered.
How long,and how many £mmmmmssss,did it take that fukr.
Fuk slur,fuk his team(s),Aberdeen included btw.

Yes - Celtic won trophies in a two-team toytown league.
My dog could have picked a team and won silverware at Parkhead.
I suppose you'll be claiming Lennon to be a genius if you win this season's walkover as well?
Things are a bit harder to win in the real world of proper competitive football,rather than your sectarian goldfish bowl.

I would say Ferguson is the best British manager ever but just to put a bit of perspective on his days at Aberdeen he didn't just walk in and transform the club. They were already on the up before he arrived. Ally McLeod, despite being ruined by the 1978 World Cup Finals, was a really good manager and won the league cup for Aberdeen in 1976. He also got Aberdeen to 3rd in the league in 76/77. Billy McNeil got league runners up in 77/78 and was also the losing finalist in the Scottish Cup Final that year. Most importantly Aberdeen had a fantastic board with Dick Donald the chairman a solid financial man who had the club in really good financial shape and he was also a strong paternal figure at the club. Chris Anderson the vice-chairman was the visionary who really saw the possibility to break the old firm domination. Also, Scottish football wasn't quite as polarized as it is today. While Ferguson was in charge at Aberdeen Dundee United also won the league and Hearts should have but blew it on the last day. Dundee United also got to a UEFA Cup final and should have got to the European Cup final Liverpool won in Rome but after beating Roma 2-0 in the first leg there was some very dodgy refereeing in the return leg and Roma won 3-0. So it wasn't completely unprecedented what Ferguson was doing. Sorry to witter on but as incredible a job as Ferguson did at Aberdeen it wasn't one man's achievement, which is how it seems to get represented these days. Also, Aberdeen was on the wane when he left and the season he joined United lost in the first round of the European Cup to Sion, who they'd beaten 11-1 on aggregate 4 years earlier.

He consistently gets the best out of his players, that cannot be denied. Last season's team should have been nowhere near the top even allowing for the dodgy decisions.

DimButBlue said:
I would say Ferguson is the best British manager ever but just to put a bit of perspective on his days at Aberdeen he didn't just walk in and transform the club. They were already on the up before he arrived. Ally McLeod, despite being ruined by the 1978 World Cup Finals, was a really good manager and won the league cup for Aberdeen in 1976. He also got Aberdeen to 3rd in the league in 76/77. Billy McNeil got league runners up in 77/78 and was also the losing finalist in the Scottish Cup Final that year. Most importantly Aberdeen had a fantastic board with Dick Donald the chairman a solid financial man who had the club in really good financial shape and he was also a strong paternal figure at the club. Chris Anderson the vice-chairman was the visionary who really saw the possibility to break the old firm domination. Also, Scottish football wasn't quite as polarized as it is today. While Ferguson was in charge at Aberdeen Dundee United also won the league and Hearts should have but blew it on the last day. Dundee United also got to a UEFA Cup final and should have got to the European Cup final Liverpool won in Rome but after beating Roma 2-0 in the first leg there was some very dodgy refereeing in the return leg and Roma won 3-0. So it wasn't completely unprecedented what Ferguson was doing. Sorry to witter on but as incredible a job as Ferguson did at Aberdeen it wasn't one man's achievement, which is how it seems to get represented these days. Also, Aberdeen was on the wane when he left and the season he joined United lost in the first round of the European Cup to Sion, who they'd beaten 11-1 on aggregate 4 years earlier.

Shhhh! You can't say these things in public. Now repeat after me, he is a genius, he brings all his talent through the academy, his european record is second to none, decisions even themself up over the course of a season.

The-Greatest---Ali-008.jpg

To me he is the Jimmy Savile of football:
• He fixes things
• He is protected by the establishment
• His past alleged crimes are brushed over
• Nobody can openly criticise him without being called bitter or jealous
• Anybody brave enough to criticise him is banned or sacked on his orders
• He bullies minors
• He bullies officials
• He lies constantly
• He lives in a carvan (like most of his fans)
• He hides in full view

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.