Balotelli
Nastasic
Silva

Bottom 3:
Zabaleta
Tevez
Dzeko
4669812732_5407c2534c.jpg

Yes. That zabaleta is Poty emphasises how poor a season it's been. Can't wait to see Micah at Rb next season

So the fact Zabaleta wins poty means that in your eyes he cant possibly be one of the best players this year so to spite that you put him in the bottom 3. Sorry pal but that makes no sense at all.

I partly agree with him that Zabaleta as poty is one of the signs of a bad season.

He improved his attacking game this season but come on, he should be nowhere near of being City's best player. He was the most consistent one though but there are fair few of those who are overall much better players than him but were average or below that this year and that's the main reason why he was the best player.

I'd take full fit and in form Micah over Zab too though I'm not sure when we'll see such Micah with amount of injuries he is picking. As much as Zabaleta was rock solid this year the best football City ever played was the one when Richards was regular starter.

But puting him as well as Dzeko and Tevez in bottom 3 is a joke. 2 most consistent players and best league striker could be in bottom 3 only with wicked state of modern football fans.

MSP said:
I partly agree with him that Zabaleta as poty is one of the signs of a bad season.

He improved his attacking game this season but come on, he should be nowhere near of being City's best player. He was the most consistent one though but there are fair few of those who are overall much better players than him but were average or below that this year and that's the main reason why he was the best player.

I'd take full fit and in form Micah over Zab too though I'm not sure when we'll see such Micah with amount of injuries he is picking. As much as Zabaleta was rock solid this year the best football City ever played was the one when Richards was regular starter.

But puting him as well as Dzeko and Tevez in bottom 3 is a joke. 2 most consistent players and best league striker could be in bottom 3 only with wicked state of modern football fans.

This. It should be one of our stardust players, silva etc... But isn't because we've been poor.

Personally also I haven't rated zabaleta this season. He's no good in the attacking zone and passes it backwards most of the time. He also dives into tackles like komp which exposes them both in CL<br /><br />-- Mon May 20, 2013 7:39 am --<br /><br />Tevez slows attacks down and is greedy. One of main reasons we haven't been clinical enough.

Inspect his 17 goals and you'll see a lot came in the fa cup v crap teams

coulsonblue said:
MSP said:

This. It should be one of our stardust players, silva etc... But isn't because we've been poor.

Personally also I haven't rated zabaleta this season. He's no good in the attacking zone and passes it backwards most of the time. He also dives into tackles like komp which exposes them both in CL

-- Mon May 20, 2013 7:39 am --

Tevez slows attacks down and is greedy. One of main reasons we haven't been clinical enough.

Zaba comes in too narrow or goes too far up the pitch and leaves the right wing completely exposed. He's been lauded for commitment and consistency but I think people are overlooking his defensive flaws. Without Milner in front of him he gets lost or overloaded.

I hope this doesn't come across as having a go at Zabaleta but he still has the defensive limitations that saw Richards in the team ahead of him last year.

I'd give Milner POTY because he's spent more time contributing to the team, cleaning up mistakes, attacking and defending than anyone else when he's played. He's improved nearly all aspects of his game and he's one player you can't point at a huge catastrophe in his season.

1. Zabaleta
2. Nastasic

I can't really find a third.

Tevez played ok but didn't score enough Goals in the Premiership. Clichy didn't let his standards drop as much as some of the others but had a shocker at Wembley. Milner has played well a number of times but never enough to ensure his is one of the first names on the teamsheet. Kolo Toure didn't put a foot wrong but didn't feature enough.

NQCitizen said:
coulsonblue said:
MSP said:

Personally also I haven't rated zabaleta this season. He's no good in the attacking zone and passes it backwards most of the time. He also dives into tackles like komp which exposes them both in CL

-- Mon May 20, 2013 7:39 am --

Tevez slows attacks down and is greedy. One of main reasons we haven't been clinical enough.

Zaba comes in too narrow or goes too far up the pitch and leaves the right wing completely exposed. He's been lauded for commitment and consistency but I think people are overlooking his defensive flaws. Without Milner in front of him he gets lost or overloaded.

I hope this doesn't come across as having a go at Zabaleta but he still has the defensive limitations that saw Richards in the team ahead of him last year.

I'd give Milner POTY because he's spent more time contributing to the team, cleaning up mistakes, attacking and defending than anyone else when he's played. He's improved nearly all aspects of his game and he's one player you can't point at a huge catastrophe in his season.

This. But I also criticise Milner. I mean he was awful yesterday and has been a lot. He plays better in the big games.

But really, Zabaleta and Milner despite their flaws give absolutely everything and I should probably not be so harsh on them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.