Your Top 5 City Legends..?

White - was just coming through as I started going and was my favorite player.
Kinky - simply because i'd never seen anyone that good in a City shirt.
Tricky feet Holden - just cos he looked anything but a footballer!
Rocastle - bit of sentiment with this one.
Goater/Dickov - no explanation needed.

I'm surprised Paul Power never gets a mention on these type of threads. Power was a boyhood City fan, player, ex captain, youth team coach, true gent and ambassador for the club. City through and through, proper legend!

Top 5 (during my lifetime)
1, Bell
2, Oakes
3, Power
4, Goater
5, Yaya (for his Cup Final winner!)

Joe Mercer-true gentleman
Colin Bell
Neil Young
Bert Trautman
Steve Coppell-legend for short spell and abrupt exit

King Of The Kippax said:
No particular order

Kinkladze
Goater
Dunne
SWP
Rosler

This 5 all day for me too. Always feel like you can't have legends who currently play, I don't know why. Otherwise Silva and Ya Ya (for the cup) would be in. Too young to see Bell, Summerbee, Lee, Young and Doyle unfortunately.

Bert Trautmann - the best goalie I've ever seen

Bobby Johnstone - the best ball-playing, goal-scoring, inside forward I've ever seen

Colin Bell - the best all-round player I've ever seen

Mike Summerbee - The best winger-cum-centre forward I've ever seen (not many players could do both job so well). Also the best Club Ambassador I've ever seen.

Shaun Goater - given the time and place we were at, and what he did when he played for us, it would be difficult to leave him off the list. The most underrated goalscorer I've ever seen.

(Just a pity I was only allowed to list 5).

I'm 20 so only really started supporting City and understanding football in the late 90's early 00's so my top 5 are;

1. - Richard Dunne
2. - Shaun Goater
3. - Shaun Wright-Phillips
4. - Elano
5. - Micah Richards

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.