Your Uefa Team of the Year

supercrystal7 said:
aguero93:20 said:
supercrystal7 said:
Why is it a big deal Silva was not on the list? Apart from Pogba, which midfielder does he deserve to replace? Those midfielders not only were excellent in the league, but also the CL and/or the world cup.

Aguero has gone up a level, which is expected given his age and is clearly the best player in the league. He has separated himself from the other world class players like Di Maria, Toure, Silva, Costa, Hazard etc. He is a genuine top 10 player in the world at least. Dominating both in Europe and domestically.

From the list my team would be

Neuer
Lahm
Boateng

Ramos
Alaba
Modric
Kroos
Robben

Reus
Ronaldo
Messi

No coincidence that the team is predominantly made up of Madrid (CL winners) and German/Bayern (world cup winners and semi-finalist of the CL)

Well for starters he master minded a performance that made all of these look shit.

He was the best midfielder on the pitch against both Bayern and Barcelona. He deserved to be in there more than Robben, more than Kroos, more than Yaya, more than Reus.
No he didn't. Not a chance. Robben dragged an average dutch team to the world cup semis. Destroyed several teams in the Bundesliga and scored winning goals in cup finals. He destroyed the world champions scoring an unbelievable goal. Kroos again starred in the world cup and a few CL games. Kroos was MOTM when Germany beat Brazil 7-1 in a world cup final: 7-1 against the world cup host in a semi-final. Look at Dortmund this season without Reus. He did a Suarez for them, but not just in the league he did it on every front and took them to the cup final. All those players are far more deserving than Silva.

How was he the best player on the pitch against Barcelona or Bayern in the game where they had something to play for? Iniesta even past his best outshone him in those games. Silva is a world class player, but Aguero this season is putting in the performances at the level of a top 10 player.

As I said every player on that list shone domestically, but most shone more brightly domestically and made a far bigger impact on the international stage.

Silva came on for the last ten minutes of the first match against Bayern and turned the game on it's head. He ran the second game. He was the best player in Eastlands against Barca, a match I attended and got a standing ovation in Camp Nou.

None of the WC performances are worth jack shit because it's the UEFA team of the Year, FIFA have their own.

Neuer

Zabaleta
Ramos
Hummels
Lahm

Modric
Kroos
Yaya

Robben
Messi
Ronaldo

Hopefully Zabaleta and Yaya make the team, they both deserve it IMO.

Zabaleta was brilliant, winning the Premiership and making the World Cup final. One of the best full backs in the world. Lahm is the only full back who has been ahead of him this year, don't think Alaba did more than Zabaleta this year personally.

Yaya scoring 20 goals from midfield in the Premiership is an unbelievable achievement. That should definitely put him ahead of the likes of Koke and Pogba for this year.

Like supercrystal7's team, mine is also predominantly made up of Real Madrid and Germany players.

supercrystal7 said:
Well for starters he master minded a performance that made all of these look shit.

He was the best midfielder on the pitch against both Bayern and Barcelona. He deserved to be in there more than Robben, more than Kroos, more than Yaya, more than Reus.
No he didn't. Not a chance. Robben dragged an average dutch team to the world cup semis. Destroyed several teams in the Bundesliga and scored winning goals in cup finals. He destroyed the world champions scoring an unbelievable goal. Kroos again starred in the world cup and a few CL games. Kroos was MOTM when Germany beat Brazil 7-1 in a world cup final: 7-1 against the world cup host in a semi-final. Look at Dortmund this season without Reus. He did a Suarez for them, but not just in the league he did it on every front and took them to the cup final. All those players are far more deserving than Silva.

How was he the best player on the pitch against Barcelona or Bayern in the game where they had something to play for? Iniesta even past his best outshone him in those games. Silva is a world class player, but Aguero this season is putting in the performances at the level of a top 10 player.

As I said every player on that list shone domestically, but most shone more brightly domestically and made a far bigger impact on the international stage.

Silva came on for the last ten minutes of the first match against Bayern and turned the game on it's head. He ran the second game. He was the best player in Eastlands against Barca, a match I attended and got a standing ovation in Camp Nou.

None of the WC performances are worth jack shit because it's the UEFA team of the Year, FIFA have their own.
My fault for not knowing that, but I am sure UEFA actually do take the world cup into account whether they officially admit to it or not or else James Rodriguez would not be up there.

Even forgetting the world cup the matches you bring up sum up why the others I mentioned are on the list and he is not. Even at the most simplest view Silva's best game is in a 2-0 loss to Barcelona. Reus' best performance is in a 2-0 win against Madrid where he scored both goals. I know City went down to 10 men very early, but it is still telling. It's not like Reus had particular great team mates either. Hummels and Lewandowski aside the likes of Durm, Kirch, Friedriech (was so bad had no club around September) and Jojic alongside him. Even Grosskreutz and Mkhitaryan are worse than anything City will ever put out barring an injury crisis of biblical proportion.

Fantastic week to week performance is a given for most wold class players. The extra special ones also decide the biggest games on the International stage. Until a player does so then I don't think he deserves to be in the team of the year.

.....................................................courtious...............................................

lahm............................miranda.........................ramos...............marcelo

.....................................modric............................toure.............................

bale.....................................................messi.................................Ronaldo

.............................................................costa................................................

Neuer
Lahm Benatia Kompany Zab
Koke Reus Yaya
Ibra Messi Ronaldo

Kompany was a little homerish I admit it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.