Your worst experience betting / gambling

anytime you're playing for your standard of living and someone who doesn't know what the fuck they're doing beats you

(as a professional)

that really sticks in the gut, especially as you have to conceal your contempt, ah aha hha

- I played in a big poker tournament (about 600 players - NL Hold Em) and had about 75% of the chips with three players left on the final table. One of the small stacks who wasn't playing any hands went 'all in' and I called him with A 8 suited. In retrospect I shouldn't have, and he had A K (which should have been obvious I thought to myself as he turned them over) and I ended up coming in second and 'not winning' an additional 8k; I should have just played it tight and taken first coasting and 'bullying' them, pinching their antes.

I usually post my link on these sorts of threads, so here it is if you fancy a bit of fun with a little humour:-

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-professional-gambler-aptitude-test" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-profes ... itude-test</a>

(reckon we'll have a good mix of people on this thread if everyone takes the above and posts their results)

Remember playing a mental hand on online poker one time.

Got dealt AA, flop was AKK.

I was obviously creaming myself and deciding how to play it, when the guy before me went all in (about £50, but a lot to me) just after the flop. Everyone else folded, and of course I called.

Yeah, he flopped quad kings. So fucking unrealistic. I swear that online poker sites just bring out more face cards when the stakes are higher, it's just ridiculous. There are bad beats, then there are those.

Also remember betting £50 on black when I was pissed a few weeks ago; pretty stupid bet. Did win, mind.

Viva Rivaldo said:
Remember playing a mental hand on online poker one time.

Got dealt AA, flop was AKK.

I was obviously creaming myself and deciding how to play it, when the guy before me went all in (about £50, but a lot to me) just after the flop. Everyone else folded, and of course I called.

Yeah, he flopped quad kings. So fucking unrealistic. I swear that online poker sites just bring out more face cards when the stakes are higher, it's just ridiculous. There are bad beats, then there are those.

Also remember betting £50 on black when I was pissed a few weeks ago; pretty stupid bet. Did win, mind.

if you play enough that sort of shit happens - much more than you might realise!

I had £150 on City to beat Burnley at home last season which was somewhat a one off for me, I only did it because it was a portion of some money I'd ran up from £10 on a poker site, so to me it was literally a £10 bet to win £50 backing City to beat a shite Burnley side. I play a lot of poker but I'm not a big gambler, if I gamble its generally backing my own skill to beat the game, I'm not a 'going for luck' kind of punter

I had £50 (a big amount for me at the time) on Pearce to score the last goal in his final game against Portsmouth. 3 mins into injury time, a penalty is given. I can remember their keeper, Dave Beasant, walking upto Physcho & telling him where to put it to score his 100th goal. Easy money..................

Not me, but I know a chinese guy who had a very, very busy restaurant near me who lost the restaurant about a month ago in a game of poker where the stakes had got to £750k. He owned that restaurant for 20+ years.

In the course of my working life I've come across a lot of people with addictions and the most destructive IMO is gambling. There's a limit to how much you can drink, or how many drugs you can take in one day, but people can gamble their lives away in an afternoon.

Oh and another thing I've noticed about inveterate gamblers. They only ever tell you when they've won.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.