Yout latest album addiction

Stornoway - Beachcomber's Windowsill

had it since it cam nearly a year and a half. WOW

Still play it a lot... Not a bad song on the album, and i go through changes all the time of which is my fav song.

Cant wait for the follow up album, hope it lives up to Beachcomber's Windowsill, as i have great hope for this band.

Didn't have high hopes for it, but absolutely loving ALICE COOPER's Welcome 2 My Nightmare......his follow up to his first solo album from '75.

It is a stone cold classic Cooper album......his best since From The Inside (which is based on his time spent in an asylum for alcohol addiction)

It features not only the guitarists from the original Nightmare album (ex Lou Reed band's Steve Hunter and Dick Wagner) but also all three surviving members of the original Alice Cooper, who all contribute to the songwriting as well as playing on it.......as does original legendary producer Bob Ezrin.

One song reprises that piano motif from Steven.....and it still gives goosebumps.....

As said, I didn't expect much from this album, and had given up on him since he went 'metal' some years ago (though his Eyes Of Alice Cooper album a few years ago, was a welcome return to form in the old garage style of the early band) so it's a real suprise he has shown he can still really cut it, and has made a worthy sequel (second really as Goes To Hell was really that) to Nightmare all these years on.....

cbeebies is poo said:
Stornoway - Beachcomber's Windowsill

had it since it cam nearly a year and a half. WOW

Still play it a lot... Not a bad song on the album, and i go through changes all the time of which is my fav song.

Cant wait for the follow up album, hope it lives up to Beachcomber's Windowsill, as i have great hope for this band.

I never thought I'd see the day where I find another Stornoway fan. Day made.

At the moment, I can't stop listening to the new Metronomy album and The Pipettes from a few years back. They are a VERY guilty pleasure, I get a bit of stick from the lads for it.

Oil everywhere! said:
Pressure & Time - Rival Sons.

Saw them earlier this year supporting Judas Priest and it was like listening to a very gutsy Led Zeppelin, a brilliant album.

Excellent band.....great bit of Southern Rock.

If you like them, check out Saint Jude, a London band with a great girl singer....sounds like Maria McKee fronting The Black Crowes.....

I've spent all this year trying to find new bands and most of my time has gone on listening to singles and EP's, to the point where I actually really miss just getting lost in one album for a few months. Of the albums released recently, I've listened to Friendly Fires, The Go!Team and Those Dancing Days a lot, but the last record that I really obsessed over was probably Manners by Passion Pit

currently freedom run by the rifles is stuck on repeat in the car

prior to that endgame by rise against had spent months in the car great album

MATCITY said:
been out a long while but i've been listening to St Jude by the Courteeners

I'm friendly with their Manager. All The Courteeners did was gig, gig and gig to get going. They didn't bother trying to fit in with the local scene or anything. I think this is why they're one of the few Manc bands in recent years to get something going.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.