youth cup

lancs blue said:
That sounds rather like the previous round against Burnley, we spent 75 minutes passing it around in front of their defence instead of getting behind them.

So is this going to be the club's fixed style now, the Barcelona imitation? Maybe it will work but I'm not convinced that this is the right long-term style for English football, it worked last season because teams needed time to work out how to tactically adjust to it, but scrappy English teams seem very good at blocking it out especially on their home ground. I don't mind it if we vary it somehow but if you play pure Barcelona style then you need to play it at full intensity every week or you're going to have a lot of frustration (as Barca themselves have found out in their previous two games). Rather see us play like Dortmund tbh, a fast style still high on technical quality that seems tailored for the English game.

Same here. The guy who runs the @MCFC_NGEN_ACAD twitter account said none of the players were at it today, saying the best player was Kean Bryan for City.

2nd straight exit at 5th round.[/quote]

Kean Bryan came on in injury time so either its a probably a WUM[/quote]

For your information Kean Bryan came on in the 55th minute for the injured Olivier Ntcham

you must have mistaken him with Glendon

salfordpaul said:
10 man. Blues bow out of youth cup?? They had 10 men for 6 minutes. A proud effort vs Derby???
All this on club website? Must have been written by Brian Marwood???

Why must it have written by Brian Marwood? And if you were trying to be funny please explain in what way you thought it was funny?

The Man With The Stick said:
Not even sure it's Barca style... like you said, that's a very full on way of playing. Our style seems more Italian... almost too patient at times.
Dortmund would be a good team to emulate, i wonder how there youth team gets on though?

Bottom of the Next Gen group and 7th in their league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.