Youtube Sucks

BlueMoonAcrossThePond

Team supported
Manchester City
Anyone else notice the massive recent increase in ads when viewing Youtube? It's fucking awful. Worse than watching commercial TV.

It's recently to the point that a 1 hour Youtube viewing session mandates about 25 minutes of unskippable commercial content (or maybe more).

With any luck whatsoever another platform will emerge to offer Youtube competition. Fucking waste of my time to watch commercials for 25%+ for the content I'm interested in.

Last edited:
Anyone else notice the massive recent increase in ads when viewing Youtube? It's fucking awful. Worse than watching commercial TV.

It's recently to the point that a 1 hour Youtube viewing session mandates about 25 minutes of unskippable commercial content (or maybe more).

With any luck whatsoever another platform will emerge to offer Youtube competition. Fucking waste of my time to watch commercials for 25%+ for the content I'm interest in.

Brave browser no ads at all, but I get your point. Just general browsing on android now is a near impossible task.

With any luck whatsoever another platform will emerge to offer Youtube competition. Fucking waste of my time to watch commercials for 25%+ for the content I'm interest in.
You tube content providers get very little from You tube and when they try and get viewer to contribute to the channel very few do,as most people think the content should be theirs for norhing.The only way of increasing income is to set the advertising at a higher level.So the reason you get more ads is because veiwers expecting something for nothing,same as their music and other media.

Brave browser no ads at all, but I get your point. Just general browsing on android now is a near impossible task.
Unless I'm very mistaken, I doubt it. A bunch of ads are now part of the original content. No way to skip.

But if "Brave" is able to skip non-content ads, I'll probably give it a try. On the other hand, I watch a bunch of Youtube using Apple TV's app. Brave won't do me any good there.

Unless I'm very mistaken, I doubt it. A bunch of ads are now part of the original content. No way to skip.

But if "Brave" is able to skip non-content ads, I'll probably give it a try. On the other hand, I watch a bunch of Youtube using Apple TV's app. Brave won't do me any good there.
Brave browser or an adblocker stops the youtube jumping to the ad content, there might be a pause, as the browser waits for the adcontent to be not delivered and served up, but that's a small pause, compared to the ad length's yoiu seem to be having.

In the UK Brave is flawless, no ads at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.