Yves Bissouma

If Bernardo stays then great but if he leaves then I hope we replace him with this lad.
Different sort of player than Bernie. We need this lad to intercept play and could be an important player for us in the future

Biggest amount of pretentious waffle I've ever read, arrogant too.

People don't rate Rodri for good reason, and it's not because they're simpletons that don't understand what they're watching. For a side like us, Rodri's got the cosiest job. He plays for the most dominant possession side in the league, the vast majority of the time his job is just to keep the ball ticking over and maintain the tempo out the back.

He's not got the array of killer passes that Fernandinho has, can't spray a diagonal like Fernandinho can, but he can keep the ball ticking over and moves it decently enough.

Out of possession though his job is to sit in front of the back four and press the man at the right moments, follow runners, intercept passes, win his one v ones, cover ground, get challenges in and come away with the ball.

And he's not very good at it.

Positionally he's not the best, he'll often come out and press with little to no intensity, and get strolled around leaving his man running through at the exposed back four. In a foot race shoulder to shoulder he loses every time. He's not great in the challenge. Physically he gets outmuscled a lot, especially shoulder to shoulder. He's very leggy and doesn't cover ground well.

You don't see this all that frequently when we're spamming dross like Norwich though, but even then there are occasional glimpses.

But it's when we play an evenly matched side that these flaws are really exposed. Chelsea, United, Liverpool etc etc.

Rodri isn't Baresi. He's not Claude Makele, he's not Busquets.

He's struggling to be undisputed number one in his position at the club, and his only other rival for that role is a 36 year old Fernandinho.

There's a reason for that, and you don't need to be a "football nerd" to understand why.

We haven't adequately replaced Fernandinho, and it should be a priority position for us to fill, just as much as a striker for me, if not more so. I will be absolutely amazed if we don't make it such soon.

I don't think it's unfair to speculate Pep has lost trust in Rodri. I think it's clear he has over the past 6 months. This year is absolutely huge for Rodri, make or break IMO. We will be looking for another 6 soon, just a question of if he's a guaranteed started or not.
One word. Lavia. He should be given a chance this season in my humble opinion

One word. Lavia. He should be given a chance this season in my humble opinion
I don't know enough about him to be honest, but on the face of it he's too young and inexperienced to put that kind of pressure on at the moment. That position is a lot of responsibility and it's a big jump to senior football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.