Zaba vs. Micah Predictions

green pennies

Team supported
MCFC
What will happen this season? Who plays more? Who plays when? Even split? One a back-up? Game by game basis? Very curious to see what people's opinion's are, because the end of last season confused me a bit. Was Bob simply playing the hot hand, or were we seeing a change that will be more permanent?

Mind, I love them both. While I guess you could argue that it's a good problem to have (if it even is a problem), I'm glad I'm not the one who has to solve it.

Most of us are probably operating under the assumption that we are going to be challenging in all competitions this year, and if that's true, the amount of games will be there, but who gets what?

green pennies said:
What will happen this season? Who plays more? Who plays when? Even split? One a back-up? Game by game basis? Very curious to see what people's opinion's are, because the end of last season confused me a bit. Was Bob simply playing the hot hand, or were we seeing a change that will be more permanent?

Mind, I love them both. While I guess you could argue that it's a good problem to have (if it even is a problem), I'm glad I'm not the one who has to solve it.

Most of us are probably operating under the assumption that we are going to be challenging in all competitions this year, and if that's true, the amount of games will be there, but who gets what?

From what I can remember I thought Zabaleta started more or less all games in Europe when we were in it then Micah started more prem games! Tbh this is one position your can't guarantee who plays! Stay well clear of these to if anyone plays fantasy football!!

Presumably Micah's participation in the Olympics will rule him out for the first few games of the season so it'll be Zabba to start with and then they'll be rotated when Micah's available.

Mancini loves to rotate his full-backs so my prediction is they'll probably both end up playing a similar amount of games over the course of the season.

shadan1 said:
Micah will play when he is fit.

What are your thoughts on the end of last season though? Because reports were that Micah was fully fit toward the end and yet Zaba still got the nod. Think they were just trying to make it harder for the opposition to prepare and Micah was still not fully fit in reality?

shadan1 said:
Micah will play when he is fit.

This is the reply ....

it's all about Micah Richards staying fit , something he clearly struggles to do ...... it won't do his City chances , or his England hopes , any good , if he doesn't !

(Having said that Zabaleta was fantastic towards the tail end of last season)

Fitness permitting, at right back, micah 85% and zabaleta to rest him. But zab will get games from the bench and in other positions.

It's hard to find accurate stats (the official site has already updated the player profiles to 2012-2013 season) but I found one site that seems reliable that says that Micah made 29 league appearances (23 starts) against Zaba's 21 (18). I reckon it'll be similarly even this time around, though perhaps with more for Zaba.

It will be a big season for Micah and Zab and competition for RB position will only be good for the team. I'm happy with either, but think Micah will get the nod more often than not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.