Zabaleta and Clichy.

Michael Corleone

Swapping Kolo's samples with Wayne Bridges'
Personally I think Zab is technically superior to Clichy and far better at supplying crosses into the box, however he does lack pace and when he comes up against wingers with an abundance of pace he looks at ends. So here in lies the question, can we not play Zabaleta, who is a superior defender in games against slower opposition and play Clichy when up against the likes of Aaron Lennon.

Do you agree that Zabaleta is technically, a more skilled defender. Not to mention the fact he's already a city legend and one of the most liked guys in the team.

Zabaleta, needsmoregames#

I understand what your saying mate but i think were more of a threat with Clichy starting, i know his final ball needs improving but we look a better team with him at left back

Michael Corleone said:
Personally I think Zab is technically superior to Clichy and far better at supplying crosses into the box, however he does lack pace and when he comes up against wingers with an abundance of pace he looks at ends. So here in lies the question, can we not play Zabaleta, who is a superior defender in games against slower opposition and play Clichy when up against the likes of Aaron Lennon.

Do you agree that Zabaleta is technically, a more skilled defender. Not to mention the fact he's already a city legend and one of the most liked guys in the team.

Zabaleta, needsmoregames#

he did alright against Wallcot.

No, having a left back at left back balances the team, and clichy has been excellent this season.

And for the record, the hashtag goes in front of the phrase: #clown

Kun Aguero said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Sell kolarov and use zaba as a back up for both left and right back positions.

Then if Richards picks up a injury we have 2 full backs left.
In the summer I would sell kolarov, savic ( or loan him out ) and maybe kolo if he wanted first team football, then I would bring hummerls and abidal.

Right back - richards and zaba
Centre back - kompany, lescott, hummels, rekik and abidal
Left back - clichy, abidal, zaba

Zabaleta whilst being a very likeable guy and member of the team is for me a fairly average footballer and hence the reason why he doesnt start too many games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.