Zabaleta or Kolorov for LB tomorrow?

Kolarov for me, could be the perfect game to announce his arrival on the Premiership. Quality balls in from the left and at set pieces would be an excellent addition.

As much as i like Zab, the derby is just the game for him to get sent off in and we dont need to be giving them any favours.

Come'on City lets do em

AK for me, but RM will be the best judge of whether or not he's ready. I'd be happy to see Zab or Boateng doing a job there.

A few people have mentioned AK's free kick prowess, although I can't imagine Carlos letting him take one, especially against united, he didn't let Super Mario even though he was on a hat trick :-)

defensively Zabb is far better than kolorov but in terms of attacking and giving good crosses he gets above Zabb so what are we going for is it defensive or attacking>?,which is which.

afro2007 said:
defensively Zabb is far better than kolorov but in terms of attacking and giving good crosses he gets above Zabb so what are we going for is it defensive or attacking>?,which is which.
I wouldn't say Zabaleta is far better than Kolarov at defendering.
We need to put out our strongest 11 and that will include Kolarov :-)

conormcfc said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_28wt9onnZk[/youtube]
seems to me people maybe getting a bit carried away with this clip and expecting it every week from the lad.....in the 2 big leagues in which he's played (serie a/prem) so far he has only scored 6 goals in 93 appearances according to wiki. i can't see him getting anywhere near a freekick if tevez is on the pitch as he fucked mario off from 1 at west brom and mario can hit a freekick. maybe he'll get one if it's out on the right though and as others have said previously he has put in some great crosses in the limited time i've seen him for us this season. i'd probably go with him over zaba just for added height at corners and freekicks....the rags only have berbatov, vidic, ferdinand/o'gay/evans who could cause problems in the air from corners really so with a back 4 of boateng/kolarov/kompany/ with yaya back there as well then set pieces in and around the box should be dealt with pretty comfortably you'd hope.

afro2007 said:
Sorry but this is bullshit. Kolarov is a superior defender to Zabaleta, period.

Kolarov ideally needed a few 90 minute performances before being thrown into the lions den of a Manchester derby. I therefore agree with the guys who suggest Richards at RB (he performs well in derbies, but needs taking off before he tires late on) and Boateng at LB (which he did pretty well for the German national team). Zabaleta is the ideal substitute as he can play in defence or midfield. Up front it has to be Tevez and Silva supported by Yaya and Milner with AJ as our impact substitute.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.