Zack Steffen - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zack Steffen (25) will go into the new season with #ManCity after qualifying for a work permit in the United Kingdom. Steffen will join City as the second-choice goalkeeper behind Ederson, and replace Claudio Bravo on the bench. [
@ESPNFC

Looking at the video on the other page he is not a sweeper ??
Not seen that one, but the ones I‘ve seen he looks a very good passer of the ball, not Ederson level, but who is.

Zack Steffen (25) will go into the new season with #ManCity after qualifying for a work permit in the United Kingdom. Steffen will join City as the second-choice goalkeeper behind Ederson, and replace Claudio Bravo on the bench. [
@ESPNFC
Thanks for that Karen
Was unsure if he had got the work permit due to his injury and Covid restricting his international appearances. I have only seen highlights of him playing and he looks more than competent.
Could be competition to Ederson.

Good to freshen it up, Bravo’s time is up. Still of the opinion taking up a foreign spot for the reserve keeper is a waste though. Doesn’t really matter how good this guy is, being competent is the only expectation, there’s basically a limit to how good your reserve keeper can be, nobody is challenging Ederson, he’s too unique for that, you’re coming to City knowing it’s second choice and cup games and if he’s too good to settle for that he’s not going to stay anyway. I’m sure we could have filled the position with a homegrown or club trained keeper of similar standard. Hopefully something we’re looking to address long term.

Good to freshen it up, Bravo’s time is up. Still of the opinion taking up a foreign spot for the reserve keeper is a waste though. Doesn’t really matter how good this guy is, being competent is the only expectation, there’s basically a limit to how good your reserve keeper can be, nobody is challenging Ederson, he’s too unique for that, you’re coming to City knowing it’s second choice and cup games and if he’s too good to settle for that he’s not going to stay anyway. I’m sure we could have filled the position with a homegrown or club trained keeper of similar standard. Hopefully something we’re looking to address long term.
Think the hope was for Muric to get the spot eventually but that's obviously on pause since his loan went to shit

Zack Steffen discussion thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.