Zack Steffen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly left field but I still can't believe that we paid Grimshaw 3-4k a week and then the only club he could find was Hemel Hempstead FC it actually blows my mind that not one single league team would take a look at him and shit ton of non-league teams as well.

If he was that shit why was he at City for so long earning a good wage?
I know a few lads who were on the verge at breaking through at various clubs, probably better footballers in their youth at least than some players playing week in week in the top divisions, but either through personal reasons, a lack of discipline, injuries, or fondness of the drink never made it, you never know what happened, it just doesn't work out for some in the end.

I know a few lads who were on the verge at breaking through at various clubs, probably better footballers in their youth at least than some players playing week in week in the top divisions, but either through personal reasons, a lack of discipline, injuries, or fondness of the drink never made it, you never know what happened, it just doesn't work out for some in the end.

I understand why he didn't make it at City but to be released from us and to fall so far down the ladder seems bizarre, you would think he had shown at least a modicum of talent to interest a division 2 club even on trial?

Not that it matters lol

Maybe the kid is ahead of his years development wise? Shame we really won’t get to see if we have no pre season due to CL progress.

Well apart from the fact he is a current international, I guess?

It is Steffen btw :)

Zack is having one decent season in his career. You might see him being 25 as an advantage over a way more talented kid, but I don’t.

Milner is an experienced international compared to Foden, would you rather play him?

Now stop trying to score spelling points and engage in the actual debate. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
For all of Claudio's faults on the pitch, he has been a good servant to the club. I thought he came across very in the parts of the All or Nothing I saw as too.

That said, i am interested and excited to see what yoing Mr. Steffen can do for us when given the chance.
He’s been a great servant. He is the main reason we won three league cups in a row. Wasn’t great first season but has done well ever since.

I haven’t seen Steffen play but I understand he’s a great prospect.

For all of Claudio's faults on the pitch, he has been a good servant to the club. I thought he came across very in the parts of the All or Nothing I saw as too.

That said, i am interested and excited to see what yoing Mr. Steffen can do for us when given the chance.
Very undervalued, had a shaky start but recovered and was a quality back up to the best keeper in the country.

Zack is having one decent season in his career. You might see him being 25 as an advantage over a way more talented kid, but I don’t.

Milner is an experienced international compared to Foden, would you rather play him?

Now stop acting like a little woman by trying to score spelling points and engage in the actual debate. :)

I did, I told you he was a current international, now go and quote the guy who told you he was 25yo :)

(the post below mine btw)

I am all for kids getting game time, in fact, one of the biggest drum beaters for the kids getting game time off the bench at the very least while we are hammering somebody.

The Irish kid looks a great prospect but is he ready for Cup duties, I'm not so sure yet and when you have a full international keeper who has had good reviews before an injury spoiled his loan move, then, unfortunately, he will get the first chance of staking his claim.

For once I don't want to see this kid challenging for the bench too soon as it will only mean another quality prospect will get disillusioned at not getting in the team and leave.

Is this enough for you now mate?

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand why he didn't make it at City but to be released from us and to fall so far down the ladder seems bizarre, you would think he had shown at least a modicum of talent to interest a division 2 club even on trial?

Not that it matters lol

thought he was still on loan ? Wage demands demands to play and nature of goalkeeping / lack of chances to play might have something to do with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.