Zoom
Mauro Zarate - Lazio (Getty Images)
Related Links
Teams

* Lazio
* Manchester City

Players

* Mauro Matías Zárate

Lazio starlet Mauro Zarate could be set for a return to England with Manchester City this summer, according to reports.

Rumours surfacing in Italy suggest that the Argentinian is seen by City boss Roberto Mancini as an ideal replacement for ousted Brazilian forward Robinho.

Mancini is reportedly a big admirer of the Lazio star, who enjoyed a successful loan spell in the Premier League with Birmingham City before making the move to Rome and the player’s representatives are already in dialogue with more than one English club, according to itasportpress.it.

Zarate is reported to have a £30 million buy-out clause in his Lazio contract although big-spending Manchester City are rumoured to be hoping to pay just two thirds of that amount.

The 22-year-old, who has been increasingly linked with a move away from the Biancocelesti since falling-out with coach Davide Ballardini, has also been linked with a move to Arsenal in recent months.

He's alright. Nothing special really.

It'd depend on the price for me really. If it was around £7,000,000 to £10,000,000 it wouldn't be a bad signing I suppose.

C_T_I_D said:

It'd depend on the price for me really. If it was around £7,000,000 to £10,000,000 it wouldn't be a bad signing I suppose.

i agree we could do better but then again we could do worse !

C_T_I_D said:

i agree we could do better but then again we could do worse !

C_T_I_D said:

He's really developed from what we saw at brum. He's becoming a real classy player and he's still only 22.

I'd go all out for him. He has some (albeit a small amount) Prem experience, and is the right age.

He's a top class player and more than capable of filling the hole left by Robinho. We should be going for Ribery and the likes, but if we don't make top 4 this season those top players won't be coming. Zarate however, will be a viable option regardless of where we finish and he'll set the league alight. We won't get him on the cheap and rightly so, we'll be looking at 20m but he'll be worth every penny.

adzmcfc1993 said:
C_T_I_D said:

It'd depends on the price for me really. If it was around £7m to £10m it wouldn't be a bad signing I suppose.

I agree we could do better, but then again we could do worse!
Or we could keep:

Tévez,
Bellamy,
SWP,
Petrov,
A. Johnson,
and Weiss.

And not replace him, theres no need when weve already got 5 players all competing for a Centre forward/Wing position in the first team, anyone of the first 4 in that list all have an almost equal chance of getting in the 1st team, and then youve got Weiss who could get in the first team when he gets back (Probobly not but he's close)

Then youve also got Ireland, Barry (Started out as a left mid at Villa) and Zabaleta (started out as a right mid)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.