Zero emissions by 2050.

The Cern collider generates enormous amounts of heat. It is at too high a temperature for current technology to use, so it is injected into the earth. Just a thought,
Second thought: the recent report by the commons select cttee suggested that we deploy 60,000 wind turbines, but where to put them? (from memory, correct me if you want)
I mean we are getting close to a fully functioning nuclear fusion reactor. But we're probably about 50 years away from one ever being put into production, so for me nuclear fission would be a suitable stopgap with greater emphasis on limiting the amount of waste.

Main problem with Wind turbines is that they are limited by Betz's Law. Basicially their maximum output is below 60%. Currently they produce around 10-18% of the UK's energy requirements. It was a nice idea, and for a smaller population would be suitable, not for a population well over 20m though.

Solar panels and air source heat pumps free or heavily subsidised and grant aided to every house in the country

complete waste of time unless USA,Russia,China etc are on board with this,,were a small drop in the ocean for pollution,prob just another excuse for taxation

Politicians will readily jump on a futuristic bandwagon regarding green issues, knowing full well that by the time the target is reached, or not, they will have long since gone, but in the meantime we have paid through the teeth via taxation for a target that might never have needed to be set considering what technology, currently unheard of, or in an embryonic stage, will arrive and save the planet.

It's not a complete waste of time. Let's do our thing, show the world it is the way forward and they will follow. There will be big money and big opportunities in this and China, USA etc will come aboard when it has proven its worth

And let's be honest, in post-Brexit Britain, we will need to be leading the way in something to make us look an attractive place to live and do business

5G will be a game changers. Its has the potential to end lots of business face-to-face trips i.e air travel as conference calls and translating technology improves. Electric cars are becoming mote and more common and affordable

Someone has to do something so it might as well be us

It's not a complete waste of time. Let's do our thing, show the world it is the way forward and they will follow. There will be big money and big opportunities in this and China, USA etc will come aboard when it has proven its worth

And let's be honest, in post-Brexit Britain, we will need to be leading the way in something to make us look an attractive place to live and do business

5G will be a game changers. Its has the potential to end lots of business face-to-face trips i.e air travel as conference calls and translating technology improves. Electric cars are becoming mote and more common and affordable

Someone has to do something so it might as well be us
Not to mention jobs. All 65 million of them.

Not to mention jobs. All 65 million of them.

Well that's where a progressive tax policy comes in and pay the population a national living benefit(for want of a better phrase). 5G, AI etc will only be of use if the people can afford to buy the products

Well that's where a progressive tax policy comes in and pay the population a national living benefit(for want of a better phrase). 5G, AI etc will only be of use if the people can afford to buy the products
There's no money for that, nor would those being taxed stand for it.

I came across this YouTube video the other day.

I found it interesting but confess I don't know enough to comment on the veracity of what the guy is saying

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.