Oleksandr Zinchenko | Joins Arsenal for £30m

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't want to be apart from Bernardo. Don't mind him staying really as I think he might still be needed.

I wonder what melt down this forum would have gone into if we had signed a 20 year old Spaniard who had just finished a loan spell at Spanish second division team Eibar? That is exactly what we would have been doing had we signed one David Silva in 2006.
The club have willingly tried to offload him two summers running now. That's indicative enough for me.

Delighted he's staying given that there's no one better coming in.

I'd imagine that the decision will be looked at again in the January window. Until then who knows what'll happen withing the squad.

Regarding not getting a game if all the players play to their potential there will be plenty of others struggling to make the team, for example could a combination of Bernardo, KDB and Silva keep Sane out or a combination of Stone, Laporte and Kompany keep Otamendi out or a combination of Mahrez, Sterling and Jesus keep Aguero out.

I know Zinchecko is at the lower end of the squad but you never know how things will work out for him (and Foden and others).

Never said he was going to make it. I just take issue with the idea that wanting to stay is somehow indicative of a lack of ambition, any more than wanting to leave is a lack of ambition. It's a ludicrous judgement to take, and can be randomly applied whatever he chooses.

You call it ludicrous, but do you agree lack of ambition and lack of realism are two sides of the same coin? I do, and I think the boundary between the two is a judgement call, nothing ludicrous about it, simply that you make one judgment, I make the other.

We have finally come back to the general state in which good, young players are battling to STAY at our club, even in the face of potentially limited playing time, because they want to *possibly* contribute to our success and improve under the guidance of one of the best managers in world football...

And people are moaning that he lacks ambition, needs to have a word with himself, should have done the club a favour and accepted the transfer, and is holding a foreign spot that should go to a better (as yet unidentified) player that we can apparently sign in the next few hours that remain of the transfer window.

I despair.

If Pep & the club really wanted him they would just reject the bid.

16m for player who is 3rd choice LB was a good deal & thats why the club accepted the bid.

Anyway, lets hope his value will go up this season.

I agree with you on that but that isn't what you posted earlier. You said that if the club accepts a bid he should go. That is clearly ridiculous. The player has to have some input on where and when he goes as well. We can't just foist him on another club against his wishes.

There are two kinds of transfers. In the first the Club want to keep the player but the player himself is unhappy and wants to leave or the buying Club makes an offer that can’t be refused. In the second, the Club are prepared to let the player go. It looks like City were prepared to let Zinchenko go which would lead you to believe that he is viewed as expendable or surplus to requirements. If that’s the case you can’t see him getting a lot of game time this season.

Obviously, we don’t know why he turned Wolves down. He may believe he can fight his way into reckoning with us. It might be that he simply doesn’t fancy Wolves and would rather stay until another Club he likes better comes along.

£16mil is fair game, but if he wants to stay then happy days he has real ability & possesses the versatility Pep loves

We dont need the money, and his performance at Liverpool suggest he has the technical ability to make an impact on this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.