Sales Criteria Huddersfield (Away)

I purchased a ticket for the Huddersfield away game this morning & was charged £30.
On checking the sales criteria I saw the price of a ticket for anyone aged 60+ is £20.
I contacted the club & received this reply (see below)
I understood that 60+ meant 60 years & above. ( either by a day or 364 days).
The reply seems to indicate it's 61+ which is not what is in sales criteria. In any event 61 and over seems a very odd figure.
I know West Brom are the only other club currently in the Premier League which has a 60+ sales criteria for away ticket sales & I qualified for that.
Any other 'older' city fans aged 60 years & however many days bought Huddersfield away yet ?
Incidentally I am the ripe old age of 60 years & 4 months.
Thoughts please.

servlet.ImageServer

Dear Raymond,

Thank you for your email.

The senior age band for Huddersfield away tickets is age 61+. As you are 60 you have been charged the correct adult price for your ticket.

I hope that this helps however if you do have any further questions or queries please do not hesitate to contact Supporter Services.

Kind Regards

Rianne

Supporter Services

servlet.ImageServer

Clearly, not everybody loves Raymond!

Technically your 60th birthday falls on the last day of the 60th year of your life.

The day after your 60th, you're over 60.

Just sayin ....
But it's Huddersfield who set the ticket T&C's and they say 60 and over qualifies for reduced price. So it's 60 and over, whatever our club might think or say. The management of this club fills me with utter fucking despair at times.

Huddersfield ticket office confirm I should have only paid £20 but city arnt budging, they are going to alter site to show 61+ in their words - to avoid confusion. It beggars belief !
That is ridiculous, if Huddersfield say its 60 +1 day, City can't change it, as these tickets are being sold by City on behalf of Huddersfield Town FC, they'll be marked as HTFC tickets.

Ah well, at least I will feel better knowing my interpretation was correct - still £10 poorer mind!
I have had an email off Sue Beaumont, Ticket Office Manager at Huddersfield.
" over 60 by our interpretation is 1 minute after your 60th birthday - we never mentioned 61 on our information to city".

But it's Huddersfield who set the ticket T&C's and they say 60 and over qualifies for reduced price. So it's 60 and over, whatever our club might think or say. The management of this club fills me with utter fucking despair at times.

I was thinking exactly the same last night as you and Cleavers when reading this thread. Surely, as the game is at Huddersfield and Huddersfield have set the prices and age criteria then City can't change it and impose their own age criteria? This needs challenging and it'll be utterly diabolical if they don't back down on this.

Some of the ticket office staff are right stubborn fuckers. Last season after we moved from the East stand level 2 (price went up to £1500) we ended up in Level 3, my mate has vertigo and we asked if there were any level 2 seats left. Also one of our four was going through radiotherapy and the walk to the third tier made him knackered. I spoke to three of the staff who were adamant there were no seats left at all for anywhere on Level 2 apart from the odd single one. We needed 4, out of desperation I rang again and a lovely lad called Charlie (Norwich fan!) was sympathetic to our needs and with a wave of his wand got us 4 seats in the CB Level 2, they were a bit more expensive but for my mate with Cancer he let him have the seat for the same price as Level 3, well done to Charlie but others really didn't give a fuck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.