Liverpool 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have thought a fitting apology from the sun would be a plaque outside their Fleet Street offices in memory of the 96 supporters. Once a year they could quietly leave a wreath on the plaque.

I wonder if Chelsea can ban anyone from Liverpool after all they blamed them for Heysel & haven't yet apologised.

Very true as far as expanding ancient Fenway Park is concerned. They are trying to shoehorn rows of seats into every corner to get more bums on them.
However they have put up a fair wad of cash to attract free agent players over the years which has resulted in 3 Championships. They don't want to seem to do that with Liverpool however.
It was mainly Fenway that I was thinking about, similar to recent Anfield expansion in many ways. Logic in MLB would be a larger stadium for a franchise as big as Red Sox? Saying that, I do like Fenway.

You said "IMO and that of my Bluenose mates..." so forgive me if I put somewhat less weight on that than the mound of facts and hard evidence available. As they say, opinions are like arseholes; we all have one.
We all have an opinion

If you're talking about Stefan Popper, he was fed his lines by the West Midlands Police on behalf of their colleagues in South Yorkshire. That's now well established and is the primary reason why the inquests were re-opened and a completely different verdict reached.

I still cannot believe that, despite the masses of evidence released, that some people still believe the lies of the South Yorkshire Police and their mouthpieces in the media. No wonder we live in a world of Alternative Facts and Post-Truth politics.
Not particularly having a go at Tweety when I say this (and going wildly off point too) but it's never been more evident that people will mostly believe whatever suits them.
With that in mind, anybody banning The Sun - for whatever motives - is a good thing.

Didn't The Sun end up apologising? Do they still stop selling the rag over Liverpool?

Chelsea and Liverpool have an interesting rivalry. Chelsea fans getting blamed for Heysel which one member posted and Pool fans fueling the fire about Chelsea being rentboys for years. Chelsea fans waving fivers to the Pool fans back in the day. Not to mention Chelsea fans booing through all the Hilsborough minute of silence's

Don't forget Slippy G very nearly signing for Chelsea and Rafa Benitez's negative comments on Chelsea (ended up managing them).

Didn't The Sun end up apologising? Do they still stop selling the rag over Liverpool?

Chelsea and Liverpool have an interesting rivalry. Chelsea fans getting blamed for Heysel which one member posted and Pool fans fueling the fire about Chelsea being rentboys for years. Chelsea fans waving fivers to the Pool fans back in the day. Not to mention Chelsea fans booing through all the Hilsborough minute of silence's

I dislike Liverpool as much as the next man, but that is just wrong. No mater what the provocation, the victims of Hillsborough should be kept out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.