Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, it's dreadful. Far cry from my comfy seat in EL2.

Knock it down what a fucking eyesore;-)

52c20b3087354ec8bc4308d6db6105e8

that roof corner bodge annoys me every time, it's dreadful.

Incorrect about a bodge.

They're temporary designs, made to easily be removed in years to come when the side stands come under construction.

The current roof supports come in through the corners, so from an engineering standpoint there wasn't anything else which could be done.

Most of the temporary corner supports will be covered up with the screens when they move them up from the north side when they put a third tier at that end.

It may annoy you but it's only a short/medium term hindrance. Once the same is done at the other end the roof across the East and west stands will be replaced - which are poor quality and will only last another 7 years or so - followed by a probable extension of the 3rd tiers in the corners plus a wrap on the outside and the capability to put a fourth tier in along each side.

@BJL_City Still not seeing what you see...

19eastlands1.jpg

Sullying the thread? Showing you what a real shit hole looks like makes me a rag hahahahaha OK raggy..

Last edited:

I think everyone knows it's a bit of a bodge, and I sit under one of them. But we all believe it's only temporary - even if temporary is 10 years. The long term plan is allegedly to have a ground big enough to host a Champions league final and if that's the case East and West will need some £299 seats at the back as well as the extra tier on the North Stand and that will lead to a whole new roof.

We're looking at a great present and wonderful future. While the sun's setting on the 'istorie' boys who can only look at what they've done the dawn is just breaking for us..

Important to remember as well when discussing the 'faults' of the stadium that the only stadium better than ours in the PL is the Emirates, even then we have advantages over it such as being closer to the pitch.

The Etihad will look absolutely brilliant inside with the North Stand extended and a screen covering the temporary corner supports in each corner as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.