Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take quite a few people who aren't regulars to our Champs League home games. They all love our stadium.
I can still recall quite vividly, the dilapidation, the smell of piss in the toilets, flaking whitewash on the walls, dodging the shit as we walk quickly back to the car, and hope it's still there. Nostalgic maybe, but fuck me, we've got a great stadium, that doesn't look like it's been built by a bunch of fucking blind Cowboys with mecano off cuts.

some miserable fuckers about isn't there, clearly they didn't spend Wednesday nights in the gene Kelly stand. Personally I think we have a fantastic stadium.
Yes mate, there was talk of our owner knocking the Etihad down and rebuilding it, totally forgetting that would've taken place nearly a decade ago, so it would still look a little dated in comparison to Spurs new ground.

I can't believe those who find fault in the Etihad , the difference between the old - Maine Road and the Etihad is huge with the Etihad being much better .In comparison to other English stadiums it is in my opinion probably third best behind Wembley and the Emirates which ain't to bad . I often walk around the stadium on non match days and still can't believe it's our stadium I am proud of it and think it will just get better and better.

Spoilt fans!!

Want it rebuilding but would complain if tkt prices went up.

Not a fan of the spirals and seems a bit concrete for me, but everything else seems great. So no issues from me!!

It is also very much work in progress. It would be interesting to know if the plans have slowed down or not.

Finance wise the club has got to be preforming as well if not better then expected.

On the pitch have we hit the targets that we should to create the demand. The policy of cheap tickets has proved semi successful with season tkt's sold but being so cheap games are cherry picked and they don't worry about selling the tkt on as cost a nominal amount.

I would tell everyone to judge the stadium on how it ends not how it is today!

I love Eastlands. Only complaint is that I think we're extending again too quickly, love how it looks at the moment.

So in a friend of a friend kind of way - the source works for someone involved in the Legends refit in the South Stand - I know meetings were occuring before Christmas - I assume this is for North Stand work but I suppose there is an outside chance it could be Glass Tunnel stuff

I love Eastlands. Only complaint is that I think we're extending again too quickly, love how it looks at the moment.

That's what some people said last time. Give or take the odd segregation area and unsold away allocation it's been pretty sold out (even if those who bought dont always turn up).

The next expansion will be planning for capacity 2 or 3 years down the line, not now. Our popularity goes up and up every year we are in the CL, especially. And playing what is perceived as great football. Did you know the Evil Empire couldn't fill 46,000 except twice a year before they got good?

But have I missed something, is the next expansion going ahead now?

I can still recall quite vividly, the dilapidation, the smell of piss in the toilets, flaking whitewash on the walls, dodging the shit as we walk quickly back to the car, and hope it's still there. Nostalgic maybe, but fuck me, we've got a great stadium, that doesn't look like it's been built by a bunch of fucking blind Cowboys with mecano off cuts.

Spot on mate. I remember getting out of work late on Saturday lunchtime and thinking I'll go in the North Stand rather than my usual spot in the Kippax. The seat I was given was broken and I was supposed to sit under a barbed wire fence. I loved Maine Road but it was a shithole compared to the Etihad.

Love the memory of maine rd, loved going there, loved the Kippax, sure do miss it, but i would not swap it with the Etihad, it is and going to be a world class stadium, and one day host a champions league final.
And i am proud to call it home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.