Huddersfield v City post match

Or away could see a few heads out for that one going back to Huddersfield was talking to a few of their old school yesterday after the match who have or had been on banning orders think the boozers called the Wellington just near the station,anyhow they were saying they'd be a handful of naughty ones coming to Manchester for the replay so should be lively on the night.

Cool Cats still about ?

All about opinions but, for my money, Nando was our best performer and did his job well. He won lots of ball and had the most touches and best pass completion on the park. If you were expecting him to be David Silva, he underperformed.

No... I expect him to control the football... he's uncomfortable on the ball and created nothing. Apart from Huddersfields best chance

Or away could see a few heads out for that one going back to Huddersfield was talking to a few of their old school yesterday after the match who have or had been on banning orders think the boozers called the Wellington just near the station,anyhow they were saying they'd be a handful of naughty ones coming to Manchester for the replay so should be lively on the night.
It was probably the Vulcan, I went in there for a quick pint to meet some friends and I thought I walked into a Stone Island warehouse

Been away with work, not seen the highlights yet! At least we didn't lose, thank fcuk.
Where did it go wrong again?

Alright chaps, the hangover is tarting to clear now so thought you might appreciate some word from the other side.

First off, I though that was a great FA Cup match. The quality and threat in your side was there for all to see, but we fought like terriers throughout - none more so than Dean Whitehead, my MOTM. If our plan was to limit your options around the final ball then we did that superbly, hence why there a lot of happy Town fans today.

We also didn't just defend, that's not our style. The offside goal was unfortunate, but it wasn't our only chance. Likewise Hudson's clearance off our line in the first half - yeah it was a 0-0 but there was a fair amount of action!

I'll admit that I was very tempted to put a bet on you absolutely crushing us when I saw the team selections - I had come on here a couple of days ago eulogising about our team and yet none of them were playing - however, I should have learned by now to just trust Herr Wagner. There were a lot of players int hat side yesterday that aren't first choice starters, but are going to be critical to us achieving success over the next couple of months. I can't describe how proud I am that they, to a man, stepped up. Craine (right back), Whitehead (CM) and Coleman (GK) especially.

How are you feeling about the replay? It's actually pretty ideal for us - bumps a league game to later in the season and gives us more time for Jonny Hogg to get fit again for the run-in.
From our point of view it wasn't great. We didn't look like scoring and that was down to Huddersfield and the limitations of City's midfield who were all defensive minded players.

I thought you'd have more of a go tbh. I watched the Wolves v chelsea game later and they put a lot more into the game.

I'm confident about the replay, but I know it wont be easy.

After the mad scramble for tickets i thought great a cup tie atmosphere and the city fans get behind their team. Thought it was flat, didnt see one tourist or corporate grouping either. Fans weren't up for it..

Thought the team sheet was crap we should have started the game with the players we finished the gae with, that way we might not have needed a reply.

Left the stadium at the end to find 10 young lads from huddersfield shouting at city fans "you think you are premiership, you are shit".. It looked like the same fans that where near the corner of away fans trying to wind the city fans up. This created some pushing and shoving , then a few minutes later a fight broke out. I heard some older fans from huddersfield say "you would expect this if we played Leeds"............. So your own fans are harmless are they ?

All about opinions but, for my money, Nando was our best performer and did his job well. He won lots of ball and had the most touches and best pass completion on the park. If you were expecting him to be David Silva, he underperformed.

I thought he played well. The trouble is that when he's in the team it seems to reduce Fernandhino's effectiveness by about 50%.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.