Applauding opposition goals at Home

In a game at home to Southampton, I think it was in 2004 and we lost 3-1, James Beattie scored a bullet header from a beautiful Pahars cross. It was one of the best counter-attacks I'd ever seen; we fluffed a corner (what's changed?!), they played one pass out of the box to the wing, one cross into the box, and bang. Wouldv'e been hard not to have applauded that, and I wasn't the only one.

I applauded Zola when Chelsea played us at Maine Road in 2002. I would have only been 11 at the time but he was mesmerising to watch and my idol outside of City. Dad was quick to shut me up!

Falcao's goal was superb but I was too stunned to do anything other than mutter "good fucking goal."

I often applaud opposition players if they do something special. It does not need to be a goal. Have done so for a long time. Picked it up from my dad as we stood on the old scoreboard terrace at maine road.
Costs so much nowadays that I want to get as much enjoyment as I can from every game.
However that does not extend to United though. Got to draw the line somewhere.
Did get a bit of a mumble from a Dullard when I applauded lukaku against blue dippers.

Interesting question. I do make comments to the guys next to me when the opposition have scored a great goal or even any good skill or interchanges, I won't stand up and applaud mainly as i'm fearful someone may lamp me - unless its the RAGs or Dippers!!!

I generally go to watch a lot of cricket too - and always applaud any good play - no matter which team

I don't think there's anything wrong with appreciating or acknowledging good play by either team

Dickov for Leicester not for the goal itself but for Wembley, didn't go down to well with the people round me.

I'm not into applauding opossition goals really as it's usually a mistake somewhere in our team that's allowed it to happen as was their third the other night, I was to busy calling Stones !

Can't imagine ever applauding an opposition goal. I can appreciate falcao's goal was great now but at the time I barely even noticed the quality tbh, I just don't want to see the ball end up in our net and think I just released a string of expletives into the sky.

I remember Thierry Henry being applauded by some at maine road when we got beat 4 nil but I wasn't one of them.

My brother celebrated an opposition goal once at Craven cottage but that's different as he was so drunk he thought We had scored.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.