Queues

Wow. Very cynical view.
OK, if its not this, then why not sort it out ?

The queues can be solved very simply, by putting on more people to carry out the searches, and by doing so, they could actually be useful. Currently they wouldn't catch anybody who is up to no good, I've given the 'wand' treatment all season, and I could probably walk in there with a gun or something else, without any trouble. The wand beeps constantly at keys, coins, watches, belts etc etc, and yet never once have I been asked to explain what I have under my coat, not once.

The queues have nothing to do with the glass tunnel where I sit, and everything to do with the increased 'security' being insufficient to deal with the numbers. I'm in south level three, no queues last season at all, but queues this season from 45 minutes before kick off.

City know exactly what they're doing, they're trying to force you to go in earlier, thereby cutting down the time you eat and drink outside, in the hope you'll pay for the overpriced shite inside. The searches are purely an excuse, you're not being properly searched, not even close, you're just being slowed down so that you are inconvenienced, in the hope you will go in earlier.

thats what I'm starting to think. I've qued up quite a few times this season, i haven't been searched once, neither have the people around me. the tweet they put out today sums how far removed they are from normal fans imo.

The queues can be solved very simply, by putting on more people to carry out the searches, and by doing so, they could actually be useful. Currently they wouldn't catch anybody who is up to no good, I've given the 'wand' treatment all season, and I could probably walk in there with a gun or something else, without any trouble. The wand beeps constantly at keys, coins, watches, belts etc etc, and yet never once have I been asked to explain what I have under my coat, not once.

It'd be interesting to see what an undercover journalist could actually sneak into the ground past these security checks. You see stories quite regularly about them getting guns and things through airport security and onto planes etc.

City's official supporters services tweeted this (sorry don't know how to link) ....

Supporters should not arrive any later than 60- minutes prior to kick-off for security checks. Those arriving later may miss kick-off

are they living in a fucking dream world?

It is a waste of time, but I don't believe for one minute it's anything other than a sincere attempt to do the right thing. By sorting it out, they think they are by keeping people safe. In reality it is just delaying everyone and providing no benefit whatsoever and you'd hope someone would recognise that.

I've taken today and tomorrow off just to be sure I can get in before KO. Gonna set off now I think.

The food and the beer been franchised out so nowt to do with that. Is every other club in all leagues have to do searches! Seems there is no queues at other grounds.

I'm fast approaching the point, where for games like tomorrow, (City's fringe players against Huddersfield's fringe players), if it's cold and raining, then I might not bother.
This is from somebody who witnessed 28 of our 29 FA Cup defeats between 1981 and 2011 (Oldham 2005 if you're wondering).
I can tolerate the weather, the traffic, and the real possibility of penalties, if it wasn't for this continual farce, and the constant excuses.

As I said earlier in the thread, I watched two local derbies in Germany, just a couple of days after the Berlin atrocity, with the perpetrator on the run, and the country on full terror alert.
There were 48,000 at Cologne v Leverkusen, but despite being individually frisked, we were inside the stadium within 10 minutes.
It was similar at Frankfurt v Mainz the previous evening. Nowhere near as bad as the ETIHAD, (and I'm one of the lucky ones in N2, where apart from the Tottenham game, it's not been that bad)

I'm fast approaching the point, where for games like tomorrow, (City's fringe players against Huddersfield's fringe players), if it's cold and raining, then I might not bother.
This is from somebody who witnessed 28 of our 29 FA Cup defeats between 1981 and 2011 (Oldham 2005 if you're wondering).
I can tolerate the weather, the traffic, and the real possibility of penalties, if it wasn't for this continual farce, and the constant excuses.

As I said earlier in the thread, I watched two local derbies in Germany, just a couple of days after the Berlin atrocity, with the perpetrator on the run, and the country on full terror alert.
There were 48,000 at Cologne v Leverkusen, but despite being individually frisked, we were inside the stadium within 10 minutes.
It was similar at Frankfurt v Mainz the previous evening. Nowhere near as bad as the ETIHAD, (and I'm one of the lucky ones in N2, where apart from the Tottenham game, it's not been that bad)

I've already reached it. Not going tomorrow as can't get there til at least 7.30 due to work and this just puts me off making the effort. I tend to get in early at weekends so don't have this issue but if everyone got in early in SS3, the concourse wouldn't be big enough for everyone.

It is a waste of time, but I don't believe for one minute it's anything other than a sincere attempt to do the right thing. By sorting it out, they think they are by keeping people safe. In reality it is just delaying everyone and providing no benefit whatsoever and you'd hope someone would recognise that.
If that was the case, they'd do proper searches of everybody, and that would mean having enough fully trained men and women to do a thorough job.

Instead they keep tweeting about turning up 60 minutes before kick off, and threatening people with not getting in in time if they don't.

The food and the beer been franchised out so nowt to do with that.
It might be franchised out, but City certainly get something from it, and the more they sell, the more they can charge the franchiser, we certainly don't let them do it for nothing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.