Queues

If that was the case, they'd do proper searches of everybody, and that would mean having enough fully trained men and women to do a thorough job.

Instead they keep tweeting about turning up 60 minutes before kick off, and threatening people with not getting in in time if they don't.

It might be franchised out, but City certainly get something from it, and the more they sell, the more they can charge the franchiser, we certainly don't let them do it for nothing.

They have already been payed upfront what sells in the ground goes straight to the franchise pockets.

Just setting off to the ground now to avoid the queues tomorrow, see you there x

This really doesn't need to be an issue, it's not difficult or complicated. All that is required is for the club to ensure there are sufficient security staff so that the limiting factor is the turnstiles, and not the searches. We didn't have the problem before so the turnstiles can clearly cope with a capacity crowd at an evening match. As security staff are not particularly highly paid and the club is not short of a bob or two you'd think that this should not be difficult to achieve. So the question then is why hasn't this happened? Perhaps they should do an email survey to find out.

They search you to max knee height. I watched everyone If I wad there to do damage a few dry runs would spot the obvious gap in security.
Either do it properly or stop pissing around and get it done properly and quickly

OK, if its not this, then why not sort it out ?

The queues can be solved very simply, by putting on more people to carry out the searches, and by doing so, they could actually be useful. Currently they wouldn't catch anybody who is up to no good, I've given the 'wand' treatment all season, and I could probably walk in there with a gun or something else, without any trouble. The wand beeps constantly at keys, coins, watches, belts etc etc, and yet never once have I been asked to explain what I have under my coat, not once.

It is a waste of time, but I don't believe for one minute it's anything other than a sincere attempt to do the right thing. By sorting it out, they think they are by keeping people safe. In reality it is just delaying everyone and providing no benefit whatsoever and you'd hope someone would recognise that.

Agreed. The situation is caused by poor organisation and having to 'comply' with H&S requirements - it's certainly not to get people in early so they'll buy food and drink!!

The situation is caused by poor organisation and having to 'comply' with H&S requirements
What H&S requirements ? There is no such thing about searching football supporters in case of a terrorist attack, but in the unlikely event you find one, please feel free to post it.

Its certainly poor organisation though, so sort it out, but as I asked earlier why don't they, rather than pester their own supporters to turn up earlier ? Especially on weekday evenings, no they're right, all 50,000 of us should take half a day off to comply, rather than they get their own house in order and put sufficient people on duty to cope.

We didn't have the problem before so the turnstiles can clearly cope with a capacity crowd at an evening match.
Precisely, they're not putting more on the job, because they're not interested in doing so, they want the queues to piss enough people off so they turn up earlier, if they were interested they'd help themselves by closing City square earlier for starters.

I'll have a guess that when the derby is finally given a rearranged date, the queues will be either minimal, or non existent, and surely of all our fixtures, that would be the greatest target.

Are we the only club doing this? Not hearing about any issues elsewhere.

Seems ridiculous to me. I have been searched every time for the last few games, and in each occasion it was totally useless. I could have taken anything in. It's just for show and end up wasting 55,000 x 20 minutes. Unless there is a clear risk, and the procedure is effective there's no point doing it

Absolute piss take. I live near the ground so I'm tempted to watch the first 10 mins at home and wait until the queues die down before bothering

I also think it affects our performances too. Monaco game starred slower than it would have with a full house I thought. It takes a bit of the edge out of it with so many empty seats (obviously that ended well gladly)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.