Trump vs North Korea

johnny on the spot

Currently breaking news on the BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-39301842

Looks like it could be on this time, folks.

US Secretary of State is saying that America has had enough of Kim's shit and military action is on the cards if the North keep up their weapons program.

Ultimately can't see China letting it happen, but it seems that even they have had enough of fat boy's antics.

Would be odd if China where to support NK.... Seeing all the rent-a-gobs in Hollywood and the music industry (employed by Chinese State owned) in support of Big Kim.

Would be odd if China where to support NK.... Seeing all the rent-a-gobs in Hollywood and the music industry (employed by Chinese State owned) in support of Big Kim.
Not really considering they are a buffer state between themselves and South Korea, who are a US ally and practice military drills/fly overs with the US. Plus the US plans to deploy the THAAD missile defence system in South Korea. Why would China want the US on their doorstep?

And military action/nuclear weapons?

What can we do really? The North Koreans are brainwashed from birth that the Kim dynasty are gods, most of them aren't going to come running in to Western arms like some crap romcom. The civilian death toll is going to be off the scale.

But at the same time the human rights abuses are the worst in the world. I have a feeling the camps are going to be the tip of the ice berg when we do finally 'liberate' the north. So do we let that carry on or do we actually do something? It's a massive cluster fuck.

Not really considering they are a buffer state between themselves and South Korea, who are a US ally and practice military drills/fly overs with the US. Plus the US plans to deploy the THAAD missile defence system in South Korea. Why would China want the US on their doorstep?
Hmm, in all honesty Phil, I don't have a clue about all of this but I've just noticed a trend in which celebrities are used to push out political views which are often shared by their employers.
And I'm right in saying that state owned Chinese consortiums have investment in the western entertainment industry.

Its always been an option, not sure why this is breaking news.

The difference this time is because Rex Tillerson has quite bluntly said that America's hitherto decades of 'strategic patience' is over. Sanctions have proved useless. If Kim keeps his word of pushing for ICBMs capable of hitting the US, then it's only going one way. US Thaad missiles are already being installed in the South, Japan is shitting itself and the Chinese are running out of patience, despite loudly complaining about the American missiles.

Its always been an option, not sure why this is breaking news.
Because it is a change in policy and direction. Tillerson said it had been "strategic patience" which does describe it. They have sought sanctions and provided aid and the like to encourage NK to stop their militarisation and nuclear programme. This is a move away from that and he mentions a pre emptive strike as an option, whereas the Obama govt would not countenance that. He hasnt said any more than that, but it is newsworthy I think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.