Article 50/Brexit Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute cobblers. If Very Hard Brexit is the offer then you can expect the case for staying "stuff the referendum result" to gain traction as that is not what was on offer. A nice soft Brexit might have had even Remainers on board.

As for taking back control, we're exchanging carefully worked out and democratically approved (in all EU countries) regulations for a system where the Government - not Parliament - will decide on the hoof which regulations will be thrown out.
Let's not call it 'Very Hard Brexit' let's call it Brutal Brexit. Sounds more fun.

Indeed. If that is the case, the pain on both sides will not be distributed equitably. The pain the EU will suffer will be shared across 27 countries, some more than others. We will feel it more than anyone else.
Not really, we have the ability to buy anything we need from other countries. As an example, on another website, there's a lad who exports oranges to the UK from Spain. He wrote that the EU needed to do a deal else the UK would be able to buy the oranges from Egypt 16% cheaper than he can supply them.

Utter tosh of the worst kind because it flies in the face of what anyone see`s and does every day, why do you buy from or sell to anyone ?, because you like them ?, maybe you admire their political believes ?, or could it be as simple as they are buying or selling something you want/need at a price acceptable to you.

The whole nonsense is assuming that all 27 countries are equal when they clearly are not, there are member states that will go to the wall without our trade and they and you both know it, then they have to be bailed out (Like Greece?) or more likely can not stump up the membership fee`s so the other members are also in shit street.

However if the EU does get away with acting the dictator and all the member states comply there is a big wide world out there who will be happy to gain markets in the fifth largest economy in the world, we are not on the shitty end of the stick, the EU is.

What do you understand about international trade, importance of trade to other countries and trade agreements? What makes you qualified to tell me I know nothing about economics?

I ask because you talk like someone who has swallowed a load of bollocks ('member states will go to the wall without our trade').

You clearly did not read my post, as I did not state that countries would be impacted equally. In fact, I explicitly stated it. It was the central tenet of my post.

One of the main issues relating to the EU referendum is that it has created hundreds of thousands of pseudo economists.

Not really, we have the ability to buy anything we need from other countries. As an example, on another website, there's a lad who exports oranges to the UK from Spain. He wrote that the EU needed to do a deal else the UK would be able to buy the oranges from Egypt 16% cheaper than he can supply them.

A reasonable reply....

Of course, we can buy from elsewhere. Maybe in some instances they may be cheaper. Oranges, yes. That kind of thing doesn't surprise me at all, although I haven't read the post you refer too. However, oranges are, of course, are only a small part of our imports (I know you are not stating it will be oranges only).

Maybe, if we leave the EU, suddenly Morrocco add tariffs to fruit exports to the UK. Trade deals can be very complex.

Just get on with it.

We are - and thanks to a number of influential people having some backbone and sense - there are reasons for a cautious level of optimism.

Still there will be many hurdles to overcome and most of those are likely to be 'own goals' from scheming politicians with vested interests taking advantage of the concerns of so many gullible people
OK there are difficulties to be overcome.
That's life.
Please proceed with the negotiations and bring in the excellent deal that has been promised to the British people.
Thanking you in advance.

Just watching Newsnight and farmers moaning about Brexit - hill farmers who can't exist without subsidy ( only guaranteed to be met with Govt support 'till 2020 ) - arable farmers and dairy farmers worried about the UK being flooded by cheap non-protected EU food and fruit and veg growers worried about the lack of foreign workers signing up to pick and pull - the NFU was fully in support of Brexit and told a great story about the future of farming outside the EU and urged farmers to vote leave ..................

Just watching Newsnight and farmers moaning about Brexit - hill farmers who can't exist without subsidy ( only guaranteed to be met with Govt support 'till 2020 ) - arable farmers and dairy farmers worried about the UK being flooded by cheap non-protected EU food and fruit and veg growers worried about the lack of foreign workers signing up to pick and pull - the NFU was fully in support of Brexit and told a great story about the future of farming outside the EU and urged farmers to vote leave ..................

LOL

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-36078112
or
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/apr/18/british-farmers-uk-eu-nfu-brexit-farming

I am shocked how we ever managed to survive alone regarding farming at all. I mean it is not one of the pillars of society at all is it giving humans a platform to progress. With that i mean our lands are fertile and perfect for farming.

I just went on a drive today to check out local farm for my bbq, some of these farms have rare breeds fed on specific diets. We are at the top of the farming game, if we fail, every fucker would fail.

You and the rest of the Remain cheerleaders simply do not live in the real world.

You are so loved up with the EU and desperate to support anything that will do Brexit down that you pontificate about stuff you clearly have little understanding of and zero motivation to make any effort to learn.

I mean in this regard the handling of negotiations - it is no surprise that the EU have been used to steamrolling any resistance for decades - they have faced the governments whose people(s) have zero backbone, are too lazy and lacking objectivity to gather a real understanding and need to be herded like sheep.

It does not matter if people voted leave or remain - from a negotiating POV, I would make exactly the same comments if I had voted Remain. People just need to get on with where we are rather than continuing to fight the pre-23/06 campaign

It is not the UK that is refusing the 'nice soft Brexit' option - or even the pretty firm one - or indeed any other in the possible range. The EU are taking actions to bolster what is likely their last remaining card - to try and force the UK into accepting a bad deal, effectively remaining, through influencing the weak-mindedness and ignorance about the negotiations that is clearly prevalent across so much of our nation. Some of the posters on this forum are evidence of why they should be so confident that we are indeed so weak-minded.

It is only when those cards are played out and they face the reality that not only can the UK walk away - we will and due to a lack of a forward path - stop all contributions with immediate effect. It is likely only at that point that the EU will have to reconsider the range of settlements that it can accommodate - it is called negotiations!!

Sorry - your lack of considering the fundamental facts of the situation I outlined and especially the silliness of that last statement about regulations, means that you are the one talking cobblers. Also, you and others, are so fucking closed that explaining the facts of what I typed - even in the most mickey mouse terms - would likely be a total waste of time.
Here's EU negotiator Michel Barnier:
"It goes without saying that a no-deal scenario, while a distinct possibility, would have severe consequences for our people and our economies. It would undoubtedly leave the UK worse off.

"Severe disruption to air transport and long queues at the Channel Port of Dover are just some of the many examples of the negative consequences of failing to reach a deal. Others include the disruption of supply chains, including the suspension of the delivery of nuclear material to the UK.

"While the 27 member states will find it easier to adjust – as they will still benefit from the single market, the customs union and more than 60 trade deals with their international partners we believe it is in the best interests of both sides to reach a deal on the UK's orderly withdrawal from the EU."

Here's you and some of the worst brexiteers (including some of the government):

"Bugger the bastards. We'll walk away!"

And have we got any negotiators yet?http://goo.gl/UDjD5I

Last edited:
I am shocked how we ever managed to survive alone regarding farming at all. I mean it is not one of the pillars of society at all is it giving humans a platform to progress. With that i mean our lands are fertile and perfect for farming.

I just went on a drive today to check out local farm for my bbq, some of these farms have rare breeds fed on specific diets. We are at the top of the farming game, if we fail, every fucker would fail.
We should stop funding the EU and we could give some of the money to farmers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.