Chelsea (a) post match thread

There has been no improvement since we played them last. They gifted us an own goal then, they gifted us a sloppy goal today. We had possession and didnt do shit with it. They seemed more purposeful when they had possession. If Vinny didn't play today, the scoreline would have been worse as Stones was having a nightmare with Costa bullying him again and Hazard shredding him.

Simply putting the ball in the net, with an open goal, in the last min, negates most of that.

2-2 decent result.

In our title seasons, those are scored.
That would be results based and not process based. I'd like to see us starting to really show some ambition to create scoring chances when we need to - Guardiola had no problem with going more direct at Bayern last season when necessary so why is it such a problem here?

If we're struggling to create like we were in the second halves of the last 4 games, we need the striker to stay on the shoulder (not 15 yards inside his own half as he was on 3 occasions in the last 10 today when we could have countered), we need to get the ball in the box before the opposition have time to get set in position, we need to make runs in behind their wide players and we need to get more bodies into the box (instead of 5 players standing around the edge of it). We've done none of those things and it's arguably cost us 9 points and handed 5 points to rivals and 1 to that rag **** at stoke. It was the same shit in the second leg against Monaco as well - zero fucking intent and zero threat, either there's some seriously spineless bastards in this team or the manager needs to have a long hard look at the instructions he's giving them, we're better than this.

I'm going to stop myself from ranting here but this is infuriating.

A quick caveat that I think fans obsession with corners isn't warranted compared to the amount of chances that they create and scoring odds (within 10 seconds of the corner being taken) are at around 2% IIRC. They're certainly low, definitely no higher than low single digit percentage.

Anyway, the thing that everybody knows in football is that outswinging corners produce the most goals and chances. Everybody knows this because this is what they have been told and religiously believe for their entire careers.

But it's wrong. It's dead wrong, 100% completely inaccurate. The rise of statistical analysis shows us that inswinging corners produce as high as 50% more goals than outswingers, and the same results are given every single year by the data across all leagues and teams. Inswinging corners are objectively better.

Yet there's still managers out there, top managers with world class teams and records who refuse to believe this and promote the outswinger because they think they know better.

City famously came up with this piece of data in 11/12. Gavin Fleig sat Mancini down and summarised 400 hours of corner footage and showed him the stats and we went from not scoring a corner in 23 games to scoring 15 goals from corners that year.

Again, this is a settled debate in football. There's no question about it - inswingers produce more goals and more chances. Yet we have to watch in the top leagues in the world the same old outswingers again and again because of some bullshit fantasy knowledge they learnt through osmosis years ago. It's maddening.
Because your average manager (and probably Pep) is thick as pig shit. Most football managers were ex players and most ex players have limited education. Stupid as it sounds I wonder if ex players make the best managers - it's whether playing the game at that high a level evens out for being dumb as toast.

I thought City did well up to a point. But CFC just wanted to protect the result. They didn't take any risks. 1st half we played really well, but then CFC changed tactics and just protected the game. We need to replace Aguero. It's impossible to create chances with a forward who is so slow

You had more then enough chances tho, that's the point. Chelsea didn't really change tactics as much as people want to think they did. It was the same thing just City were on and off the intensity in the second half, which made it seem like Chelsea had changed something.

Feck off BBC............
Incredible miss at Stamford Bridge.

Sergio Aguero latches on to Nolito's inch-perfect pass to force Thibaut Courtois into a crucila save.

From the following corner, John Stones is free six yards out, no defenders around him but somehow manages to scoop the ball over the crossbar.

Can City have their £50m back please?

I checked it again and it said £47.5m. Rag bastards.

Right let's just ignore the results and look at the positives, why don't you give me one from today
A point for us would probably have made very little difference in the overall scheme of things. It would also have sparked the mother of all Spurs wankfests. If they won the league I'd be almost as gutted as if the Rags did it.

Are the posters saying I hope we don't get too,four just trying to be controversial or are they really that dim?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.